News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[Ended] Bridgewater-Brunel game no. 4

Started by jamespetts, June 05, 2021, 02:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

The usual suspected thread deadlock issue - now in the process of being restarted.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

passengerpigeon

Is it just me or is the server down again? It seems to have been down since yesterday.

Matthew

Quote from: passengerpigeon on March 24, 2022, 12:07:54 PM
Is it just me or is the server down again? It seems to have been down since yesterday.

The Listserver confirms that it's been down since yesterday.

Suited me since I was busy with work yesterday. ;D I can barely keep up with all the industry changes.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Mariculous

Quote from: Matthew on March 24, 2022, 12:12:09 PMSuited me since I was busy with work yesterday.
Me too, can you keep the server crashed until monday?  ;D

jamespetts

I should note that the announce function of Simutrans-Extended appears to have stopped working with the latest updates, which merged in some changes from Standard. However, I have verified that the Bridgewater-Brunel game is still running.

To join the game, go to the load game dialogue, and type net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk. This will bypass the compatibility checks, so make sure that you have the latest version of the pakset and executable before doing this.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/commit/c23b545ee9f23ab658910386036a015ba24bd4d3
This commit does not match the description and content, and I believe that unnecessary code was mixed in from the standard corresponding commit.
Perhaps r10123 was already merged and I tried to merge again and only got the excluded code.
Please check the pull request #529.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you. I have now merged this and it has fixed the problem. I have run a manual update on the game server, so players will need to download the latest version again this afternoon in order to play.

Matthew

B-B is feeling poorly and is having a rest.  ::'(  If you are able to give it a fresh start at some point, James, that would be lovely. I have uploaded a save from 0559 BST today if you don't have anything more recent.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal

Matthew

Bridgewater-Brunel is down. I am able to load a B-B savegame into today's build of the Linux client, so I guess it's just the usual mystery bug.

Matthew

Warning to players: I get a reproducible client crash if you view the area west of Godwithers with the road direction overlay (toggled with the colon key :   ) switched on. A bug report will be up shortly, but I suggest being careful with that area and overlay for the time being.

Matthew

B-B is down. It went down exactly at the time of today's scheduled restart, but the client definitely runs and the server was built, so it seems to be just a coincidence.

Could you restart it please, James?

jamespetts

Matthew

Matthew

The server has gone down again. Could you please restart it, James?

jamespetts

Now restarted - apologies for the downtime.

Matthew

I have so many Simutrans saves that I literally filled my /home drive (I corrupted my settings.xml because there was no space to save it  :-[ ) with Simutrans saves, so I have uploaded a pile of BB4 saves here, if anyone is interested in seeing how the world developed or using the savegames for tests.

Matthew

James, could you please reset Bridgewater-Brunel? Thank you.

jamespetts

My apologies: now restarted.

Matthew

Bridgewater-Brunel has crashed again.

jamespetts

Quote from: Matthew on July 10, 2022, 07:45:08 PMBridgewater-Brunel has crashed again.
Thank you for letting me know - now reset.

Matthew

Quote from: jamespetts on July 10, 2022, 07:48:26 PMThank you for letting me know - now reset.

Thank for resetting it. Unfortunately, it seems to have promptly frozen again. I joined and it still hadn't unpaused half an hour later (no desync).

jamespetts

Now restarted again - apologies for the trouble.

Mariculous

Mariculous

jamespetts

Mariculous

We got a B-B Serial killer.
Mat reported it's dead again

jamespetts

Now restarted again. Apologies for not having replied to this sooner: it has been to hot to work on Simutrans in the last few days. I have been hiding in my air-conditioned shed with my model railway instead.

Mariculous

The server is up but seems to be consistently crashing at 5:41 ingame time, which is just a few real life seconds after joining the server.

Matthew

B-B is down. Since the in-game date is May 2022, I guess that the server has gone on strike in solidarity with the rail unions. Good server! ;)

QuoteThe server is up but seems to be consistently crashing at 5:41 ingame time, which is just a few real life seconds after joining the server.

Hmm, I might have time to look into that this week if it's still happening.

jamespetts

This game is now at an end. A new game starting in 1750 will be commenced on the Bridgewater-Brunel server shortly. The archived saved game (in-game date September 2022, real life date October 2022) is available here.