News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

IETs cannot be completed in electric depots

Started by Matthew, July 25, 2022, 04:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Convoys using IETs (Class 800/802 EMUs) can be started in Electric Depots, but not completed:

They can be completed in Diesel and Modern Traction Depots.

The BR-800Front vehicle is marked engine_type=diesel. I realize that the game engine does not yet properly support bimode vehicles, but the current arrangement just looks broken if you open an Electric Depot expecting to find IETs.

I don't think this is related to the 'Show all' bug in the current Main (Master) branch, as I tested this in the depot-dialogue branch using Ranran's new UI.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

I believe that, until bimode vehicles can be supported, the class 800 is intended to represent diesel powered units and the class 801 electric powered units.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Looking at this again, it should not be possible to build the 800/802 in the electric depot at all, as all the vehicles are marked as diesel, but this does not appear to work for the front vehicle for some reason.

You can build the 801 in the electric depot, however.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.