News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Competition Between Fast And Slow Methods Of Transport

Started by cascadia, May 08, 2009, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cascadia

In Simutrans, the fastest method of transport will get all the passengers.  However, in real life, people will take long-distance buses or trains instead of planes because it's cheaper, more scenic, or they enjoy a slower pace.  How could we simulate this in Simutrans?

VS

By introducing more complex methods. Unfortunately that is quite resource hungry. Try searching the forum for quality of service (qos) or alternative routing for discussions and lots of technical details.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Actually, only in Simutrans-Experimental does the speed make a difference. In Simutrans-Standard, which route that people take is more or less random, although the route with the fewest interchanges will be selected.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Fabio

I support this idea. I already proposed it for business/leisure passengers, or for passengers grouped by wealth (using building level) or combining both.
i would like passengers to use both plane and train to go to 2 cities, according to predefined criteria.