News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Client crash when selling ship

Started by zook2, August 17, 2021, 12:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

On the BB server, I had a brig on the Wharforth - Barkingpole route, docked in Wharforth. It couldn't find the route, so I added some waypoints. Apparently I forgot to click "Mirror route" and the ship tried to reach the next port without going through those waypoints. I wondered why it was stuck on "No route" forever. Anyway, I decided to just buy a new one and sell the one that got stuck (that was before I figured out my mistake). When I clicked "Withdraw" my client crashed. Miraculously the server didn't.

zook2

Two more crashes today, each time when I launched a reconfigured Indiaman from the shipyard. This time the server seems to have crashed, too.

zook2

Another crash. I think I can reproduce it: On the BB server, go to my shipyard west of Denthorpe. Reconfigure the Indiaman there and launch it without setting a new schedule. If it's still on "Individual schedule", client and server will crash.

Update: it crashes when you launch this ship, regardless of schedule.

jamespetts

Quote from: zook2 on August 18, 2021, 09:18:10 PM
Another crash. I think I can reproduce it: On the BB server, go to my shipyard west of Denthorpe. Reconfigure the Indiaman there and launch it without setting a new schedule. If it's still on "Individual schedule", client and server will crash.

Update: it crashes when you launch this ship, regardless of schedule.

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this as, when I log into the game, there is no East Indiaman or any other ship in that shipyard.

There is a real problem with using reproduction cases on the server as the game state there changes rapidly. I am often unable to look into bug reports for days or weeks, so I do need a reproduction case that works at an arbitrary time in the future.

If you can reproduce these problems again, please do save and upload the server game in the state in which they can be reproduced so that I can investigate. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.