News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Game crashes on pressing 'save' in every paksets

Started by Donald C., July 18, 2021, 01:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

When I click the 'save' button in the pakset, it seems to constantly crash. I'm using Windows 10.

And I found that no matter what my map is about, it still crashes.

jamespetts

Can I check whether you are using the Standard or Extended version of Simutrans?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Donald C.

There aren't any error messages produced. Whenever I press the 'save' button in the menu in every paksets, the game simply crashes.

Donald C.

I'm using Simutrans Standard. The issue also occurs similarly in every other paksets.

jamespetts

Quote from: Sandbox Player on July 18, 2021, 02:48:05 PM
I'm using Simutrans Standard. The issue also occurs similarly in every other paksets.

Thank you for confirming - I have moved this to the Standard bug reports section.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Donald C.

Thanks, I also found that the bug is also present in Steam version, but it's absent in Simutrans Extended.

ceeac

Which game version are you using?
Try deleting _cached.xml in your save folder.

Donald C.

I can't tell you right now, but where is the file that need to be deleted?

prissi

The file _chaed.xml is in the folder with the saved games, under windows by default in my documents\simutrans\save

Otherwise maybe the nightly works better: https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/releases (somehow the windows nightly do not correctly update).

Donald C.

Well why was that file present in the folder? Is the file hacked?

Dwachs

No, it is just a cache file, so that simutrans does not have to touch each savegame each time the load/save window is opened.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.