News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

FIX: All city roads become highways when the timeline is off

Started by Ranran(retired), July 25, 2021, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Pull request number #413

(1) At least the city roads should be selected from the list of city roads, so I modified it that way.
Previously, highways were chosen to prioritize durability.

This patch has no effect if you are playing with the timeline turned on.

(2) Magic number 50 is also a city speed limit that comes from the standard, which should be linked to the settings in simconf.tab.
In overcrowded cities like Japan and Asia, large bypass roads run through the city. Their speed limits should depend on the pakset settings.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Mariculous

Hmm, mentioning "bypass" roads through the city, I guess that feature was discussed very often.
Afaik standard offers guardrail wayobjects to prevent towns from downgrading roads to 50 km/h.
We might offer something like that in extended as well, but we also need a mechanism to stop players from building guardrails everywhere.
Maybe, as such roads do not offer a sidewalk, these shouldn't be accounted for roadconnections of citybuildings?
That means buildings can only spawn adjacent to such a road if it's also adjacent to a road that has a sidewalk and guardrails can only be placed at roads if that wouldn't leave a citybuilding unconnected to a road (with sidewalk) (my most beloved error message btw)

Ranran(retired)

It has nothing to do with it. I'm sorry, I think I gave a pointless explanation.
I'm talking about the types of roads the city automatically chooses.
It only follows the settings of somuconf.
At least rather than always choosing a highway by durability,
(1) choose from a list of city roads
(2) If there is no city road setting, it is better to select based on the speed of town_road_speed_limit.
Who sets the highway/bypass roads on the list of city roads? I don't think the problem you're assuming can happen unless you intentionally do so.

On the contrary, where does 50 come from?
For example, suppose you have a country with speed limit 45km/h by law, pakset defines town_road_speed_limit=45 in simconf. (By the way, if you do not define this setting, the default value is 50.) This is a long-standing feature. But the game always follows magic number 50???  This is my point.
Such magic numbers should be eliminated.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Mariculous

Ah, so missunderstood that second point.
Does that mean town_road_speed_limit in simuconf is ignored?

RealAmerican1776

I found a simple fix for this. In the Simu confiq tab, all you have to do is get rid of all the other city roads except dirt road. Then, you can go in the game and overlay the city road to what ever you want and it will change said road to all of the stats for the road. That's what I do.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.