News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

HELP, my train is stuck even if I rebuilt the route back and fourth

Started by Donald C., July 28, 2021, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

So the game's mechanics is sometimes annoying. Adjacent rail tracks can be disconnected invisibly, especially when elevated or in stations. Now, my train is travelling from Hillbury to Sandham Central as in the image, in which I've ensured that the tracks are properly connected by using electrification, but still the train can't find a route. I don't understand that, maybe there's some problem with that multi-level elevation.

I'm using Simutrans nightly pak128.Britain on Windows 10. Note that the station at the top-left corner is Sandham Central station, which is under the road bridge, and the train is stuck at Hillbury.\

Because I can't use a larger image, I decided to paste my saved game link here. Please use Simutrans pak128.Britain to open it. BTW the saved game is actually a parody of Hong Kong's early plans on metro system. The saved game is named Early Metro unstable version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dq1mtrj7x6b148u/Early%20Metro%20unstable%20version.sve?dl=0

prissi

Use the cut thruogh map tool. On tile 397,447 is a signal facing wrong direction. 392,442 too. (The latest nightly shows a signal direction overlay with the reservation tool, which helps greatly to find those.) But I could just continue two station and am stuck after the reacecourse, where the rail changes to the other side.

Donald C.

Lol I can't detect any signals in your given coordinates. What about the connection of tracks? Are they connected properly, or if there's some disconnections?

prissi

There is a reverse signal on the platform where the train is scheduled to go, and another one later. Then I gave up. The covered station is really hard to find signals.

Donald C.

Lol please help me remove those wrong signal and post the saved game here. I can't figure it out myself.

Yona-TYT

we can try a script tool that clears the pathways of the passing signs..

prissi

The covered station almost make this impossible. I had to click tile bu tile to find signals (look at the waytiles, they must not bu 1 but four for the stuck direction. There was also a missing electrification. Next time debug this yourself, just clicking tile by tile using the slide underground mode. Latest nightly needed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ans4kwvV2e19gz5yN4lcT30IJT3Y?e=axwMG5