News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

The same color continues in the orange gradient palette

Started by Ranran(retired), August 14, 2021, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I previously reported that the orange gradient palette was broken, but now I just found the code.

(In extended, the player color GUI displays the gradation, so it is easy to notice abnormalities.)

https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/blob/df06a816a248f076f0940389eb1c0f93fba7d69c/display/simgraph16.cc#L621

215, 107, 0,
255, 128, 0,
255, 128, 0,
255, 149, 43,

I suspected the same color to be displayed as a result of the color reduction, but I can confirm that the exact same color is continuous. So I believe this is a bug.

The yellow/lime player color is also notorious for being almost unusable due to poor visibility.

IMO, yellow is readable in both white and black texts as long as the standard brightness is at this level, and it would be helpful if the color was changed to this level. (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

I see the double color but I am unsure of your yellow request. Please check r10009

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for fixing it. With the recent increase in color-based displays on toolchips and GUIs, more and more voices are concerned about visibility in specific player colors.
But this could be an issue that has been potentially present for a long time.
For example, yellow and lime may be indistinguishable in bright color gradations.

(I think it can insert a another green in between the darkest green and the second dark green.)
Sometimes people draw vehicles in player colors, but it has long been whispered that choosing such a color could result in a loss of three-dimensionality.

Also, from a GUI design perspective, the average brightness should ideally fit both black and white text color.

Also, if the gradation is small, it may not be possible to distinguish between on and off of the button.

If change the palette, we need to be aware of the changes where it specified the colors individually...
For example, the yellow ■ on the route bar has become a little darker.

I am wondering if it is possible to automatically create a gradation based on a color with a moderate illuminance. I might try that approach when I have time.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Ranran on August 18, 2021, 12:20:54 PMI am wondering if it is possible to automatically create a gradation based on a color with a moderate illuminance. I might try that approach when I have time.
This sounds very nice, if you would use a light color for dark themes.  :D