News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Client and server crashed on join

Started by Matthew, August 28, 2021, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I just tried to join B-B at 1543 GMT today. My client soft crashed and so did the B-B server, which has not (yet) restarted.

The error message on both was:

FATAL ERROR: crossing_t::crossing_t() - requested for waytypes 2 and 3 but nothing defined!

I was able to join PHNS4 International Version though, so it isn't immediately reproducible, but I am reporting this data for future reference.
I didn't think to get a backtrace, sorry.

Possibly relevant: in my previous session last night, I built and later demolished a ford. Waytypes 2 and 3 are track and water, so that isn't the issue.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Huitsi

Well I have been building tracks and crossing rivers, mostly with bridges. I did remove and landscape a bit of a stream to cross it, too.

jamespetts

I believe that I have recovered this. This was caused by the game detecting a purported crossing between railway and river at 7293,224, when there is no defined object for a railway/river crossing. I do not know how the game got into this state, as the creation of this invalid state is the real bug. However, I have coded a workaround that allows the game to be loaded when it gets into this state by deleting the non-water way in such a case.

I am manually updating the server now, so the server should be online again shortly. Apologies for the disruption.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Huitsi

FWIW the bridge there was built with tracks on both slopes that were mothballed after building and later upgraded again before the actual bridge was built.

Matthew

Quote from: jamespetts on August 28, 2021, 09:17:17 PM
I believe that I have recovered this.
I am manually updating the server now, so the server should be online again shortly. Apologies for the disruption.

Thank you for restarting the server and working around the invalid case, James. I suspect this was a lot more work than these two paragraphs indicate.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。