News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

The tunnel tool no longer shows pop-up window

Started by Yona-TYT, August 21, 2021, 03:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

For some time this stopped working also this affects the script since I can not give accurate warning messages when using the tunnel tool. This was expected?.

prissi

Yona-TYT

Something strange should be happening with my compilation, I think I'll have to use Wine to run Simutrans in Linux.

Yona-TYT

I'm having the same problem using last night (r10042) for windows64 SDL2, please have someone confirm that.

I also found the same problem with vehicles not leaving the depot if the schedule / convoy window is open.
Quote from: Yona-TYT on August 16, 2021, 12:00:48 AM
@Prissi, With script or without script the vehicles are not starting if the vehicle / schedule window is open, unless you switch to another tab.

Before if they did.

prissi

SDL2 on windows (my built) works for me. Maybe the translations are broken for your language?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on August 22, 2021, 02:49:18 AMMaybe the translations are broken for your language?
With the English language the problem persists.
I've been trying a lot of things and I can't show pop-ups like before.
Also no pop-up windows for bridges.

Yona-TYT

The old version 122.0 r9274 is doing fine.  :o

Roboron

For me tunnel/bridge construction does not show pop-up windows any-more, but tooltip text instead (like in Yona's first image). I thought this what an intended change.

prissi

Ahh, I see. my misunderstanding. Yes, since the tooltip checks ahead, the error window (popup) only appear if an apparently legal construction fails. These are rather rare cases. This is intended. I am not sure how well this works with touchscreen. On windows this is fine, since after touch click the mouse is left on the some position.

Yona-TYT

Certainly very rare, I still prefer pop-up windows (they are more indicative), plus this interferes with the pop-up messages in my scripts when building tunnels. :/