News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Modern Vehicles

Started by The Hood, December 16, 2014, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Rollmaterial on January 22, 2020, 11:59:30 AM
You need to make all the layers visible before rendering.

Cheers!

How do you make all layer visible? What do you press etc in the layers toggle?

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Rollmaterial on January 22, 2020, 05:09:26 PM
I have explained it here: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,17535.msg167037.html#msg167037

I've gone ahead and done the Class 320 but there's a problem with the MSO colliding with the DTSO as seen in this screenshot.

ScotRail170434

Trying to add to the livery choice for the 303 "Strathclyde" and it doesn't show up when I select the Strathclyde option, any reason why?

jamespetts

Not without more detailed information, I am afraid.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ScotRail170434

I've sorted it anyways, just a slight error when updating the DAT.

ScotRail170434

I'm running into an issue when making custom vehicles for my routes:

* I paint the vehicles in Blender correctly and render the PNG images.

* I enter the PNG images into the DAT files and add the livery choice.

- My rail vehicles either collide with each other or are positioned offset to the track depending on what it is.

- One of the carriages of the Class 303s in Strathclyde Orange and Crimson/Cream collide with the PMSO.

- The same issue persists with the Class 320 and carriages have a gap when running in multiple.

- The Class 156 in SPT sits offset to the track

Any reason why this happens, I'll enclose images of the issues presented.

Mariculous

There are two likely possible reasons:
1. your render setup is wrong. The camara position relative to your vehicles position is wrong.
2. Your dat files specify an offset.

Sadly I don't know the default render setup, thus cannot assist you in the first point.

jamespetts

Can I check that you are rendering the vehicles in vehicle mode rather than normal mode in the rendering script?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ScotRail170434

Quote from: jamespetts on February 17, 2020, 09:22:15 PM
Can I check that you are rendering the vehicles in vehicle mode rather than normal mode in the rendering script?

Yes, I'll pull up blender.

Edit - I've found the selector for "Vehicle mode" that should fix it. But the carriages are still "colliding" with each other

ScotRail170434

Can anyone make the following models in these liveries as it's required for a custom Scottish Map?

Class 318 (Saltire)
Class 334 (Saltire)
Class 320 (Saltire)
Class 158 (Barbie and Saltire)
Class 156 (Barbie and Saltire)

Thanks.

ScotRail170434

These problems seem to persist with the Class 320, 303 and 156...

Any idea how to fix the carriages clashing and gaps? And they are rendered in Vehicle mode.

jamespetts

Are you making sure that the carriages are correctly aligned in Blender? They should be four squares (Blender units) from the 0,0,0 centre point towards the front. The easiest way to check this is to use orthographic mode (numpad 5) and side view (numpad 3).

ScotRail170434

Quote from: jamespetts on March 04, 2020, 10:23:50 AM
Are you making sure that the carriages are correctly aligned in Blender? They should be four squares (Blender units) from the 0,0,0 centre point towards the front. The easiest way to check this is to use orthographic mode (numpad 5) and side view (numpad 3).

How do you know exactly when the vehicles are in position? And what should they be moved to?

jamespetts

Quote from: ScotRail170434 on March 06, 2020, 08:55:47 PM
How do you know exactly when the vehicles are in position? And what should they be moved to?

The front of the vehicle should be on the fourth square forward of the centre point. You can tell that it is in the right position by comparing the front of the vehicle (excluding buffers) with the grid lines shown in Blender.

Spenk009

And don't forget the "length=X" parameter in the .dat file!

Rollmaterial

Reviving this thread for a moment: how high up in the air should the wheels be?

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on April 15, 2021, 12:18:52 AM
Reviving this thread for a moment: how high up in the air should the wheels be?

Do you mean in the .blend file? For rail vehicles, I generally put the wheels as close as possible to 0 height.

Rollmaterial

Yes that's what I meant. Thank you!