News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Name can be given to the depot

Started by Ranran(retired), June 13, 2021, 09:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Hi there (´・ω・`)

It would be nice to be able to name the depot like a station or display a label on the main game screen.
I sometimes use markers to acheive it, but it's annoying because the label edit dialog opens before opening the depot dialog.
So I sometimes put markers on the tile next to the depot.
On the other hand, since it is now possible to select depot from the depot list, the chances of selecting depot from the game screen have decreased.
However, it can be a little tedious to find the desired depot because there are a lot of depots with the same name in the depot list.
Even if you put a marker on the depot tile, it won't rename the depot like a waypoint of the schedule.

Alternative proposal:
Priority is given to the depot dialog over the label dialog. And the depot list displays the content text of the label placed on the depot tile.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

This would be not so hard to do. The only drawback is another line in the depot window for the depot name ...

Matthew

I second this extension request, please. I also build a marker for every depot, mainly for role-playing reasons:

I don't use the depot list because (even with Extended's region feature) it's too difficult to tell the depots apart. I can use markers to jump to the right one.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: prissi on June 13, 2021, 11:58:18 PMThe only drawback is another line in the depot window for the depot name ...
Extended may have another building info window. (But standard does not have another such building window.) For example, stops and city halls can open another building info window. I came up with a way to display another building dialog in the depot too and place an input for the depot name there. Players will need to click the depot tile again with the depot dialog open to access it. If possible, open it with priority over the way info window. I don't think I'll change the depot name over and over, so I think that's enough.
In addition, you can view the available dates and image author of the depot. (Don't retire in 2999  ::'()

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Ranran on June 16, 2021, 12:05:06 PM
Extended may have another building info window. (But standard does not have another such building window.) For example, stops and city halls can open another building info window. I came up with a way to display another building dialog in the depot too and place an input for the depot name there. Players will need to click the depot tile again with the depot dialog open to access it. If possible, open it with priority over the way info window. I don't think I'll change the depot name over and over, so I think that's enough.
In addition, you can view the available dates and image author of the depot. (Don't retire in 2999  ::'()
It seems very reasonable to me, this should be the way to go in my humble opinion.

prissi

So a second click on the same object to bring up the detail window. Hmm.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 17, 2021, 12:23:23 AM
So a second click on the same object to bring up the detail window. Hmm.
Certainly, the name of the painter artists  will also be shown. <3

Ranran(retired)

Recently, I had a chance to look at the overlay code and attempted to create the patch and deliver it to Germany.
Unfortunately it sank after some progress (in other words, I was on my way to Germany but I sank near Taiwan), but you may be able to take over my journey.
Navigational note is attached.

Unfortunately, due to my lack of ability, I was not able to give the depot its own name. I couldn't create a data area to register the name. (´・ω・`)
I guess I couldn't create a text data area just for the depot well because it inherited the building object. Anyway, I gave up because of the error when loading the save.
Therefore, there is no data area and function for registering a unique depot name.
The currently incomplete patch just shows the name of the depot building, but it adds the depot symbol, key assignments to display it, and options on the setting dialog.
Under the current specification, only the building name of the active player's depot will be displayed with the new depot symbol. I don't know if you'll like that symbol, but it's intended to distinguish it from the names of stations, convoys, and cities that are displayed.
The color is the player color, but the function to display the depot symbol defaults to displaying a brown symbol. This is because it is intended to be used as a button to return to the depot or as a symbol to indicate that the convoy is inside the depot. However the brown color was difficult to see in the main game view, so I placed a player-colored symbol on the depot name plate.