News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Statistic station list

Started by Ranran(retired), September 02, 2021, 02:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

The station list had the misfortune of being spotted by ranran. So it has been metamorphosed by the poison of jalapagosization.

Ranrans wanted to see a list of stations with a statistical perspective and also a kind of ranking. :award:
I brought the deliverable. Please taste it. (´・ω・`)

The rows have been grouped into a single column.
Added an option to include the stations of other players you are invading in the list. For other players' stations, the station name will be in the player's color.
So far, the status display has been integrated, which has led to ambiguous information. Because we were trying to represent the actual station overcrowding with only one bar, even though we have judgments for each of the three cargo categories. Even if the freight yard is overflowing with fish, it will not inhibit passengers from boarding the coach from the platform. So the bar will be divided into three parts and governed. This makes it easier to find categories that are running out of capacity.
Also the meaningless cargo capacity (ie unused) symbol is made transparent. Note, however, that this is evaluated based on the path explorer. Until it finishes its search, it may be rated as unused.
You can also enjoy a sort of station ranking by selecting the sorting that corresponds to the mode.

The list is now able to taste many courses. I will introduce them.

(1) Waiting details (default)
This is similar to the previous list. It shows the amount of items waiting at the station.

(2) Facility
This focuses on the station's facilities.
It shows the station capacity, the way type of the facility (which is what it used to be), the number of tiles, and the monthly maintenance cost.
Currently, there is no dialog to check the monthly maintenance of each station.

(3) Serve lines
This will focus on the traffic of convoys using the station.
The number of convoys that have departed in the last month and the number of each waytype of line and convoy using the station will be displayed. The latter is what is currently placed at the top of the halt detail.
This is useful for checking the invasion status of other players. It will also make it easier to distinguish between large terminals.

(4) Location
Displays the center coordinates of the station and the city and region.
This is necessary to check if you sort by region.

(5)~(7) Waiting graph
Displays a graph of the number of waiting passengers, mail, and freight. That is, the vertical bars on the station on the main view are turned horizontally, and one station has only one bar.
The bar is contaminated with purple in the part that exceeds the capacity. It will make it obvious how negligent your transport company is.
This can be useful in conjunction with by_waiting_(passenger/mail/goods) sorting

(8)(9) Evaluation graph (Potential user graph)
This is close to a collection of evaluation band graphs from halt information. However, this will collect last month's data for use as statistics.
I believe this graph is important to check the transportation quality of the player company. It can also tell you how lazy your transport company is.
It should be noted that each station has a different length. This represents the amount of potential users that the station has. And the percentage of users that the player has acquired is visualized in green.
You can see a lot of room for improvement and business opportunities there.
It should be noted here that this user is likely to fluctuate depending on the quality of transportation. Users with multiple stations nearby are trying to use the most convenient station. When a more convenient station emerges, she will not hesitate to dump you and change her lover.
There are two sortings related to this: the number of successful trips and the number of potential users.

(10)(11) Goods needed/ Products
These are for building a freight network. Displays the demand products of the factory within coverage of the station.
If it is not connected, it will be grayed out.

(12)(13)(14)(15) Station coverage statistics
These are a collection of information at the bottom of the passenger tab in the station detail dialog.
That is, the population around the station, the number of jobs, visitor demand, mail demand, travel success rate.
The difference is that the evaluation data is the result of the user selecting a station, whereas these are the buildings data around the station.
You can win a lot of users by providing high quality transportation to places with high demand. You can see the demand. Of course, the result will appear as an achievement rate. You can see the difference between stations with low achievement rates and stations with high achievement rates. This can also tell you how lazy your transport company is.
Unfortunately, the sorting features associated with this are sealed. (´・ω・`)
Because these are not stations that keep their records, you have to loop through many buildings and count them many times so that you get the data even when sorting.
If you just want to display the data you only need to refresh once when you open it. But I haven't tested it on a large map like the BB server.
So for now I have made these a debug mode-only option. But I think this is one of the useful statistics.

And unfortunately, the haltlist component is also used in the line management dialog, so the changes in haltlist had to spill over to that as well.
As a result of a recent update to times history, we can now see something like a station list in the tabs of the line management dialog (i.e. the right part of the dialog).
Therefore, I thought that the station list originally at the bottom left might be redundant. So I changed the layout, put the station list in a tab, and moved the basic line information to the bottom left.
And what used to display the total capacity has been subdivided into goods categories.
But unfortunately the horizontal scrollbar doesn't work for new tabs as reported here for some reason. (´・ω・`)

This experimental patch can be found here.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/schedule-list-test
EDIT: Updated to newer testing version
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/haltlist-table

I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you think about this. Thank you in advance. (´・ω・`)らんらん♪
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

wlindley

Wonderful, and greatly useful!

I can imagine only one improvement.  To be even more condensed: In the Waiting detail list (or perhaps as a variant of it) to display the goods icon and a subtotal?  Currently we see, for example:

Quote(Foods icon) 14 crates fish, 2 crates meat (Bulk icon) 6 crates grain
but it would be perhaps more useful to see, without needing to horizontally scroll:

Quote(Foods icon) 16 (Bulk icon) 6

Ranran(retired)

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote from: wlindley on September 02, 2021, 03:40:15 PMI can imagine only one improvement.  To be even more condensed: In the Waiting detail list (or perhaps as a variant of it) to display the goods icon and a subtotal?  Currently we see, for example:

(Foods icon) 14 crates fish, 2 crates meat (Bulk icon) 6 crates grain
but it would be perhaps more useful to see, without needing to horizontally scroll:

(Foods icon) 16 (Bulk icon) 6
I remember discussing about this before with someone in some thread.
This is more about the perspective of the line than the status of the station. I mean, for a line that is intended to carry milk, waiting meat amount is unnecessary information, so mixing it in is not a good idea.
I think the essence of the issue is that the station name labels are too long, and the entire waiting information is not displayed by alignment.
I will consider a different approach for this. It may be better not to use a common component with haltlists. However, it takes time to create a dedicated display...

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Ranran on September 04, 2021, 02:13:28 PMI will consider a different approach for this.
In this regard I made a mockup of the new layout.
You can try it on the following branches.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/haltlist-table

(1) The schedule number is displayed. (You can open the station dialog from the number or jump to the coordinates)

(2) Added a toggle option to hide the station name. This can be useful when many types of cargo are waiting.

(3) The waiting amount display is tabulated by goods category. I think this will make it easier to understand the situation when used in combination with the newly added category capacity at the bottom left of this dialog.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you for this: my apologies for the delay in reviewing this - I have been rather preoccupied with other matters recently.

This is very good, and, with a few minor amendments, I have incorporated this. First of all, I have added English translations; and secondly, I have fixed a bug in which goods category names were not translated in the capacity bar in the line management dialogue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Compiling #6c930340f (today's master branch head) fails with the following error message:

gui/halt_list_frame.cc: At global scope:
gui/halt_list_frame.cc:134:1: error: too many initializers for 'const char* [11]'
  134 | };
      | ^
make: *** [common.mk:55: build/default/gui/halt_list_frame.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

EDIT1: Probably fixed in non-debug versions by this pull request from ceeac.

EDIT2: Yes, it compiles again, runs, and loads a BB save, after that PR is applied. Thank you, ceeac! By the way, GitHub Actions also failed to compile last night with the same error(s). I realize that we have had a lot of false positives from the formatting script, but perhaps in an ideal world this is the kind of hiccup that GitHub Actions can pick up early?
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

My apologies for the error: I had missed a few #ifdef DEBUG statements. I have incorporated Ceeac's fix for this and modified it so as to re-enable the functionality in question. This should be working again from to-morrow's nightly build.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Mariculous

Quote from: Matthew on October 25, 2021, 08:07:52 PMI realize that we have had a lot of false positives from the formatting script
I might have a look at this, but what exactly do you mean?

Matthew

Ranran, thank you for coding this! It's definitely helpful to see the overall loading immediately in the bottom left-hand corner.

In the Timing data tab, the "jump to co-ordinates" button does not work, but I know that this is a long-term mystery to you, and is a not a new issue.

Thank you also to James for incorporating it.

Quote from: Freahk on October 26, 2021, 12:55:30 AM
I might have a look at this, but what exactly do you mean?

I mean all the GitHub Action builds that showed as failed (red X) because the Code Formatting script detected extra spaces (for example, this one), even though the code itself was correct and compiled successfully. We had a lot of those when we first introduced GitHub Actions, so I would understand if devs don't trust the red X yet.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on October 24, 2021, 12:59:33 PMExcellent, thank you for this: my apologies for the delay in reviewing this - I have been rather preoccupied with other matters recently.
Thank you for testing and fixing and merging.
I did not expect this patch to be accepted so readily. So there were small changes that I hadn't pushed, plus a bug in the debug view that I hadn't tested much. I fixed them and threw in a pull request. Check the pull request #455.

Quote from: Matthew on October 26, 2021, 12:44:12 PMIn the Timing data tab, the "jump to co-ordinates" button does not work, but I know that this is a long-term mystery to you, and is a not a new issue.
I'm afraid but I could not reproduce this. It seems to be working correctly.
It would be great if you could reproduce the steps and see if others can reproduce it.

jamespetts

Excellent, now incorporated: thank you.