News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Passenger destination color mapping is broken

Started by Ranran(retired), November 06, 2021, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I have noticed that the drawing position of the passenger destination mapping has been broken since last year's large-scale merge from the standard.
I think it happens especially for maps that are not square.

I think pull request # 457 will fix it.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I am afraid that the fix seems to have a problem: all of the little squares have long diagonal tails, at least on the Bridgewater-Brunel map.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on November 06, 2021, 03:10:29 PMI am afraid that the fix seems to have a problem: all of the little squares have long diagonal tails, at least on the Bridgewater-Brunel map.
Thank you for testing it. It certainly doesn't seem to work properly on large maps.
The reason the code associated with this is different from the standard is that extendednded attempts to color the entire building if the building is multi-tile.
As a result of updating the GUI system, it seems that the same code as before can no longer handle it.

Ranran(retired)

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on November 06, 2021, 05:18:56 PM
I think I repaired it.

Unfortunately, the latest change makes the boxes very large on the Bridgewater-Brunel map: they need to be the actual size of the building in the minimap.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on November 06, 2021, 06:21:20 PMUnfortunately, the latest change makes the boxes very large on the Bridgewater-Brunel map: they need to be the actual size of the building in the minimap.
I think that's because the destination mapping is reduced to a maximum of 256 meshes (PAX_DESTINATIONS_SIZE) to reduce memory consumption.
Is that a standard spec?
Can I ask if the previous extended version was not such a specification?

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on November 06, 2021, 06:28:42 PM
I think that's because the destination mapping is reduced to a maximum of 256 meshes to reduce memory consumption.
Is that a standard spec?
Can I ask if the previous extended version was not such a specification?

Yes, indeed - quite a number of years ago, the passenger destination display was changed from Standard in Extended to give much finer resolution, so that players could zoom in on the minimap and see specifically which buildings that passengers were going to.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on November 06, 2021, 06:30:43 PMYes, indeed - quite a number of years ago, the passenger destination display was changed from Standard in Extended to give much finer resolution, so that players could zoom in on the minimap and see specifically which buildings that passengers were going to.
Thank you for clarifying. It became clear that the bug occurred as a result of the partial scaling built in from the standard.
Now I think I have fixed it.