News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Button "unload only"

Started by michelstadt, November 28, 2021, 11:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelstadt

I suggest a button "unload only" for vehicle's line schedules.
Very often stations or loading bays get overcrowded by improper goods delivered from other stations or loading bays. The most annoying thing is that vehicles often do not transport the very cargo they were bought for by the player, and production chains subsequently run out of material though you have got enough trains or lorries to achieve your goal.
There has been a detailed discussion on the german board early this year.

prissi

This has been also discussed here at the board and the conclusion was maybe, but it is the foremost task for the player to avoid this.

I never had much of a problem with that, so you would need to find somebody else to have this done quickly.

I went through the discussion again: It seems most problems are from factory growth. That can be switched off. Or, If you do not want that factory, go to public player and delete it. No goods going another way.

michelstadt

"It seems most problems are from factory growth. That can be switched off. Or, If you do not want that factory, go to public player and delete it."

You are right. I often build an additional loading bay or try to split a station, which is very tricky. Pushing a button is much easier. Deleting a factory means rebuilding it at another place and build a new supplying network.

Ok, this all is feasible. On the other hand the above discribed problem is basicly not result of a bad infrastructur made by the player but caused by the program. An unload only button would make it easier for players to prevent him from a kind of externally caused difficulty.