News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Simutrans Steam Screenshot Contest #2

Started by Roboron, December 15, 2021, 04:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboron

Welcome, everyone! The second Simutrans Steam Screenshot Contest (in short, "SSSC") is about to begin! The first SSSC was celebrated a year ago, and it is now time to celebrate another one to end this year with joy. This time the scope will not be as wide as the first one, and the SSSC will be focused around pak192.comic (to compensate for the lack of participation in this category in the first SSSC). Hopefully this will increase competition as there is only one category! Let the best win!

Terms are pretty similar to the first SSSC, and the winners will be also displayed on the Steam Store Page!

Participation
1 - There's only one category: pak192.comic. If you have never played pak192.comic before, you can get it from the in-game pakset downloader, the Steam Store, or directly from their GitHub repository.
2 - You can submit as many screenshots as you want.
3 - You need to include title for every screenshot. Screenshots without title will not be eligible!
4 - You have until Januay 15st (inclusive) to submit your screenshots!

Theme and guidelines
1 - The theme this year is... Vehicles! pak192.comic team put a lot of love into their vehicles recently, specially rail vehicles. Show us how they run around your networks!
2 - To keep screenshots clean, try to disable city/station names and avoid showing title bars, overcrowded menus, etc.
3 - There are no limits to screenshot size, but recommended size is 1920x1080 as this is the most common resolution.

Remember that you can submit screenshots that do not fit the theme or guidelines just for the sake of showing others your work, but theme and guidelines will be used to select the winners!

Prizes
1 - For the first winner : The screenshot will be displayed on the main Simutrans store page.
2 - For the second winner: The screenshot will be used as the header for the Pak192.comic DLC.
3 - For the third winner: The screenshot will be used as the background of the Pak192.comic store page.
4 - For winners 1-10: The screenshot will be displayed on the Pak192.comic store page page.

Voting
Voting will be done on a wiki survey (I will post a new announcement when the time comes). Everyone (participants and non-participants) can vote, but you can only vote one time.
If two or more screenshots have the same votes, our benevolent dictator will benevolently select a winner, taking into account theme and guidelines.

Submission
You can submit your screenshot through the following platforms (don't forget to include title):

• The International Simutrans Forum: Posting your screenshots to this very same thread.
  • Steam: submitting your screenshots to the "Screenshots" section of the community Hub
  • Reddit: Submitting your screenshots to /r/simutrans/
Participations

1 - Flemmbrav, Hamm Station
2 - Flemmbrav, Lübbecke
3 - zeruon, Journey to the East
4 - Huperspace, The Mesh Road System
5 - Huperspace, The Death is waiting
6 - Huperspace, Not so busy market
7 - DThunder518, Aéroport de Jean Luc Picard
8 - DThunder518, Dos Puentos
9 - DThunder518, Schmetterlingsstadt
10 - DThunder518, Transit Center
11 - Flemmbrav, Printing money
12 - Flemmbrav, To the moon!
13 - Cousjath, Clune Junction, 1981
14 - Leartin, Tropical Screen
15 - danivenk, Biggest city in Sitzklauf: Tröndel Hauptbahnhof
16 - danivenk, Gemünden am Main (Tröndel Hbf) Railyard for the NS Abellio Main lines & HSL
17 - danivenk, Main road busy with busses in Willwerscheid just in front of the station
18 - danivenk, Bösel Hauptbahnhof in the DMZ
19 - danivenk, HSL ICE passing Berngau station
20 - danivenk, Barby Quadtracks
21 - danivenk, Fuchshofen Grenzbahnhof where 2 nations meet in the DMZ

Yona-TYT

This is great !, can we put the winning image on simutrans homepage ?.

I can also add to facebook page.

Roboron

Quote from: Yona-TYT on December 15, 2021, 06:52:58 PMThis is great !, can we put the winning image on simutrans homepage ?.

I personally prefer to reserve such privilege for later editions. But I will not oppose.

You can of course showcase the winners on Facebook or any other. Moreover, I would appreciate if you post a link to the contest there.

Yona-TYT

I already went ahead and posted a link pointing to this thread. 😎

Roboron

Thank you. Now I think I will write an e-mail to Isaac, to see if he can give me access to the Simutrans blog and post it there, too. Maybe the wiki also.

Roboron

Let's start showing participations from other platforms so far:

1 - Flemmbrav, Hamm Station

2 - Flemmbrav, Lübbecke

3 - zeruon, Journey to the East

4 - Huperspace, The Mesh Road System

5 - Huperspace, The Death is waiting

6 - Huperspace, Not so busy market

Remember that submissions are open until January 15th. You have 9 days left!

DThunder518

Per the theme, I've tried to include at least 18% more VEHICLES this year.

Aéroport de Jean-Luc Picard

(download link for full size https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq1ebkdb5znrkxq/A%C3%A9roport%20de%20Jean%20Luc%20Picard.png?dl=0 )

Dos Puentos

(download link for full size https://www.dropbox.com/s/sa9gwpn05w0pbzm/Dos%20Puentos.png?dl=0)

Schmetterlingsstadt

(download link for full size https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkcdjcr8y4s7tbi/Schmetterlingsstadt.png?dl=0 )

Transit Center

(download link for full size https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqosns2kft5u1n4/Transit%20Center.png?dl=0)

danivenk

Well here are my images then FINALLY, made a completely new map with a friend and after quite some progress here I am with some screenshots in pak192.comic!

1. Biggest city in Sitzklauf: Tröndel Hauptbahnhof (DL here)

2. Gemünden am Main (Tröndel Hbf) Railyard for the NS Abellio Main lines & HSL (DL here)

3. Main road busy with busses in Willwerscheid just in front of the station (DL here)

4. Bösel Hauptbahnhof in the DMZ (DL here)

5. HSL ICE passing Berngau station (DL here)

6. Barby Quadtracks (DL here)

7. Fuchshofen Grenzbahnhof where 2 nations meet in the DMZ (DL here)

Leartin

Look! I can spot some vehicles on the map, so clearly it's fit for the contest... ;)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Leartin on January 15, 2022, 05:48:52 PM

Look! I can spot some vehicles on the map, so clearly it's fit for the contest... ;)
I only see my dear monument to Zumaque 1 hehehe. :D

Leartin

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 15, 2022, 11:01:10 PMI only see my dear monument to Zumaque 1 hehehe.
Specifically added to gain your personal vote :)

Roboron

Thank you everyone who have submitted screenshots for this second Simutrans Steam Screenshot Contest. Submissions are now closed, and we have over 20 screenshots from pak192.comic (I must admit that it is a bit over my initial expectations). It is now time to select the winners! Let's proceed to cast the votes.

Wiki survey
Vote now on https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/survey19

IMPORTANT: For voting an image select the checkbox at the bottom of the image NOT the checkbox at the top (even if it looks much closer).

When voting please have in mind the theme and guidelines. For this edition you can cast up to three votes, so if you have more than one favourite you can vote for one or two more.

You have until January 23th (inclusive) to vote.

Cousjath, Clune Junction, 1981

Flemmbrav, Printing money

Flemmbrav, To the moon!

Yona-TYT

I am having trouble exercising my right to vote.

Roboron

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 18, 2022, 06:23:53 AM
I am having trouble exercising my right to vote.

Send a PM to Andarix, he should be able to help you.

But it is not necessary to log in for voting, as far as I know.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Roboron on January 18, 2022, 12:03:44 PM
Send a PM to Andarix, he should be able to help you.

But it is not necessary to log in for voting, as far as I know.
I also have problems, the checkbox  do not appear anywhere, I have already tried from Firefox on my PC.

Yona-TYT

Messages like these in javascript can be a bad sign.
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).affix is not a function
    <anonymous> https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/temp/public/min_main_99868b4121f24f3ee216e670c6d2e777.js:120
    e https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/temp/public/min_main_99868b4121f24f3ee216e670c6d2e777.js:100
    t https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/temp/public/min_main_99868b4121f24f3ee216e670c6d2e777.js:100

Yona-TYT

Maybe it is not compatible with modern versions of firefox?.

Capture:

Roboron

I'm using that very same version, so that is not the problem.

Anyway, if you are unable to vote on the wiki you can tell me your votes and I will add them to the final results.

Roboron

Votes have been submitted and winners are very clear. Congratulations to the winners!

FIRST WINNER
The first position goes to... Aéroport De Jean Luc Picard, by DThunder518. Congratulations for your revenge, you finally win a contest!

SECOND WINNER
In second place, we have another image by DThunder. Schmetterlingsstadt gets the silver medal. What's this, is DThunder518 going to claim all the podium?

THIRD WINNER
The well-earned third place is for... Leartin! Tropical Screen managed to reach the podium and deny DThunder518 yet another victory. Congratulations!

WINNERS 4-10
In order of votes.

4 - Transit Center, by DThunder518

5 - HSL ICE Passing Berngau Station, by danivenk

6 - Lübbecke, by Flemmbrav

7 - Dos Puentos, by DThunder518 (I think you mean "Dos Puentes"?)

8 - To The Moon!, by Flemmbrav.

9 - Bösel Hauptbahnhof In The DMZ, by danivenk.

10 - Fuchshofen Grenzbahnhof Where 2 Nations Meet In The DMZ, by danivenk.

Conclusion

I'm personally very happy with the results (specially since my favourite screenshot won) and with the participations. The screenshots look pretty good and more than enough were submitted to populate the Pak192.Comic store page, where you can already see them, replacing the old screenshots.

Library Header using the second winner.

I'm also delighted to see that this contest has drawn some necessary attention to pak192.comic, and I'm sure some of you have discovered this magnificent pakset thanks to this. Many of you have expressed feedback on the forums or other channels, and this was very valuable to pak192.comic developers. Perfect, all of this was a secondary objective of this contest. So if you have any additional comments, go leaving them before you forget! And if you liked pak192.comic, let a thumbs up in the Pak192.Comic store page.

Congratulations to the winners, and good luck next time to the ones who didn't make it there! Join us next time at the end of this year in a special edition of this contest to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Simutrans. Until them, happy Simutransing!

Procedure for choosing winners

The votes on the wiki were not the only ones, since I also received external votes from Yona that are added up to produce the final results. The final result produced ties for the second winner and the last winner.

#second winner (both 9 votes)
Schmetterlingsstadt (fully comply with the guidelines, elected as second winner)
Tropical Screen (does not fully comply with guidelines due to stations names, degraded to third winner)

#last place (2 votes)
Hamm Station (does not fully comply with guidelines due to stations names, Windows UI)
Fuchshofen Grenzbahnhof Where 2 Nations Meet In The DMZ (fully comply with the guidelines, elected as last winner)
Journey To The East (does not fully comply with guidelines due to stations names)

DThunder518

>>7 - Dos Puentos, by DThunder518 (I think you mean "Dos Puentes"?)<<
Yes, originally I called it "Dos Puntos" (due the road and rail meeting) then thought "Why not puentes ?" and added another bridge. But then the file name came out puentos.  :-[

Flemmbrav

Thanks a lot for organizing and participating this contest!

Yona-TYT

Well, the only image of @leartin in third place, I think my vote was of some use hehehehehe 😅