The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Efficient station throat design  (Read 355 times)

Offline CK

• Languages: NL, EN, FR
Efficient station throat design
« on: December 24, 2021, 11:00:53 PM »
I've built this terminus station a while back and I'm at a loss at how to maximise throughput on the express line to the north (I'm currently at 135 trains per month). The choose signals occasionally show erratic behaviour where trains sometimes will take the parallel line on the north but sometimes plainly refuse to do so (meanwhile they will take every single opportunity to make 90 degree turns when given the possibility). Sometimes trains waiting at the signal for a while do not get cleared while a train which has just finished reversing does get cleared. And sometimes a parallel route over the points when another train is entering won't get cleared at all. The southern (suburban) side of the station does work fine (and is still tied into the rest of the station for depot purposes). What else can I do to make the signals show more desirable behaviour and increase throughput?

Offline KneeOn

• Devotee
  • Pak64.GB
  • Languages: EN
Re: Efficient station throat design
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 08:59:03 PM »
Could you post your save game? I'll try to have a look over the next few days if I can.

I can't see anything obvious, and aside from being visually asymmetrical the signal and track layout is symmetrical (and would be on a signal panel). Seeing it in action would help.

Offline CK

• Languages: NL, EN, FR
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:36:53 PM »
https://ufile.io/7jyo896d

I hope this link works. I did make a few modifications after the grocer went bankrupt so I'm now up to 135 trains per day leaving. (also more or less gave up with allowing trains to leave through either track)

Offline KneeOn

• Devotee
  • Pak64.GB
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
Hi CK, sorry for the delay. What version are you using?