News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Linking menu(pakset) to theme

Started by Ranran(retired), January 19, 2022, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

pak48.Excentrique inspired me.
The example of pakset having a unique theme design already existed in com192, so I have mentioned my ideas on this several times before but currently, the design of the menu bar depends on pakset. However, the design of the GUI depends on the theme. These two should ideally be in the same framework.
prissi said he doubted that making the menu bar icon transparent and combining it with parts of the theme would be feasible.

For now, the easiest solution I've come up with is to specify a theme that pakset will load at startup. If it doesn't, it will load the default theme. And if player change the pakset theme themselves, it will be loaded the next time. This means that system need to save the theme settings for each pakset as a user environment.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Yona-TYT

Completely agree, curiously I had already had that idea.

I was thinking of a checkbox that by default is checked and loads the theme (if available) from the pakset, if the player decides to change the theme from the display settings then the checkbox will be unchecked so as to use the theme that the user chose.

Roboron

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 19, 2022, 09:00:44 PMI was thinking of a checkbox that by default is checked and loads the theme (if available) from the pakset

That would be simpler than saving a setting entry for each pakset 👍

Yona-TYT

As @Ranran said, the checkbox would be found right in the pakset selection window, and the first time simutrans starts the default configuration it would be marked (true).

I can think of 2 cases:

1 - Some players prefer to use the themes of each pakset, so they will generally keep the checkbox checked so naturally the theme will change depending on the pakset.

2 - Players who prefer to customize to their liking with themes, generally they will keep the checkbox deselected and prefer a specific theme.

Flemmbrav

Sounds awesome!

There's one thing I want to add:
we axtually have multiple themes for pak192.comic, one of standard size, and one with extra large fonts and icons for 4k monitores.

So in plus of just checking a box, I'd suggest to remember the theme used for each pakset separately.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Flemmbrav on January 20, 2022, 08:49:10 AM
Sounds awesome!

There's one thing I want to add:
we axtually have multiple themes for pak192.comic, one of standard size, and one with extra large fonts and icons for 4k monitores.

So in plus of just checking a box, I'd suggest to remember the theme used for each pakset separately.
I wonder if simutrans can differentiate between small screens and 4k screens, so it can make the decision to choose between a standard and a large theme configuration.