News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[r10425] Crash on change of screen size

Started by danivenk, January 31, 2022, 03:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danivenk

I was looking at what the changes in the new Simutrans version were (123.0.1) and when I tried out the new "Screen Scale" option it crashed when I went below 75 (the lowest should be 25 according to the tooltip).
I then downloaded the newest Nightly (r10425) to confirm it was still a bug and it was still present. I was also able to confirm it happens when the "Screen Scale" is set to anything below 73 crashes the game, with 73 not crashing the game.

For those that do not yet know where the "Screen Scale" option is located, it is on the default page under display the display settings.

I've checked the Windows GDI, GDI-64 bit versions of 123.0.1 & the r10425 windows version that shows up on the nightly website.

ceeac

Cannot reproduce with the Linux SDL2 version. Does the Windows SDL2 version work? Do you start the game in full screen, borderless or windowed?

danivenk

I did my initial test only using the windowed version but now can confirm that it also happens in the borderless and full-screen versions.
As per your request, I have also tested the SDL version and it indeed does not have this bug.

What we now know is that the bug happens in the Windows GDI versions, newest nightly, and stable versions. (as that is when the functionality was implemented)

ceeac

danivenk

Unfortunately I can't confirm that yet since on the nightly website only shows r10426 currently which still has the bug so I'll confirm the bug is fixed once I can download r10429

Roboron

Quote from: danivenk on February 01, 2022, 11:05:44 PM
Unfortunately I can't confirm that yet since on the nightly website only shows r10426 currently which still has the bug so I'll confirm the bug is fixed once I can download r10429

The GitHub release always has the latest revision built https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/releases/tag/Nightly

(not that there is any hurry, but to get you know)

danivenk

Oh lol of course it would be on Github!
I have just confirmed that it is fixed in the newest release (r10439)

So let's call this bug fixed then!

prissi

Github builds only once a day, so it is not that fast either ...

Roboron

I'm not sure of the frequency, but GitHub does build more than once a day. Yesterday when I went to sleep it was on Nightly build r10439, and this morning it is on Nightly build r10440.

I believe, looking at the history, that it does so every 6 hours.

prissi

The timestamps are kept from the svn, but my svn commit usually do not show up until 12h later last weekend. However, the actions seems to run every six hours. So I think the update script may run every six hours, but sometimes fail to run.

Also when importing the svn with pak128 to git, the timestamps were preserved. And the script mirrors the svn.