News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

How to configure traffic lights

Started by hymie, February 15, 2022, 04:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hymie

Hello.

I've got Simutrans 123.0 r 10317 and pak64 122.

The help text for traffic lights says that I can control the green phase for north-south and east-west traffic.

However, there are five boxes in which I can enter numbers.

Which boxes control which numbers, and what do the other three numbers do?

Thanks.

Ranran(retired)

I think this was made more confusing by the addition of the yellow period. And F1 key or "?" gadget in the window title bar may give you the answer but the help text about it has probably not been updated in all languages.
So You are right to lament that this is difficult for you to understand.

Quote from: hymie on February 15, 2022, 04:37:21 PMWhich boxes control which numbers, and what do the other three numbers do?

(1)(2)(3)
(4)(5)
If each selector is numbered as above:
(1) The length of time that the traffic light in the north-south direction shows green
(2) The length of time that the traffic light in the east-west direction shows green
(3) Extra offset of the timing of switching traffic lights. This allows you to adjust the timing with another traffic light.
(4) The length of time that the traffic light in the north-south direction shows yellow
(5) The length of time that the traffic light in the east-west direction shows yellow
Yellow will always be followed by green.

(4) and (5) have been implemented recently.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

Unfortunately also not all traffic lights have a yellow phase. The help text needs an update, thanks for the note.