News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Old metrics are sorely missed

Started by freddyhayward, February 21, 2022, 09:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

Apologies for creating a new thread for this issue. I haven't been following development for a while so I'm not sure precisely which existing threads this would be most relevant to.

Transported used to show the exact number of goods (combined pax/mail/freight) unloaded from a line or convoy each month. It would be good to see this reintroduced as separate statistics for pax, mail and freight.

Arrived and departed showed exactly how many goods were loaded and unloaded at the stop each month. It is unclear what exactly is meant by 'passengers_handled' etc. Again, it would be good to see these reintroduced separately. Or at least, X_handled should be clarified.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: freddyhayward on February 21, 2022, 09:42:54 AMI haven't been following development for a while so I'm not sure precisely which existing threads this would be most relevant to.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21348.0.html
or
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21362.0.html

Quote from: freddyhayward on February 21, 2022, 09:42:54 AMArrived and departed showed exactly how many goods were loaded and unloaded at the stop each month.
It should be noted that transfer counts for both as described here.
Quote from: freddyhayward on February 21, 2022, 09:42:54 AMOr at least, X_handled should be clarified.
See the table in the post above for this as well.

I don't speak English, so I don't know if "handled" is the right word.
In reference to the real world, I think that it is appropriate in the case of freight. However, in the Japanese language, different expressions are used for the amount of cargo transported and the amount of people transported. In Japan, it is common to use the number of passengers or the number of boardings. Since those translations are separated, they could be assigned the appropriate terms.

Regarding mail, it seems that both the number and weight examples are used in Japan as far as recent statistics are concerned.
So I'm not sure which one is ideal. Mail may be increasingly expressed in terms of weight these days, as booklets have increased while letters have decreased due to e-mail.

Journeys other than freight (goods) are bi-directional and always record similar values. Therefore, in my opinion, it would be more beneficial to add classes record  than that.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Since this is not a bug report, I have moved this away from the bug reports subforum into the subforum dealing with incorporated features.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.