News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Dragging stations doesn't work

Started by Yona-TYT, March 18, 2022, 12:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

When using the station construction tool dragging the mouse no longer works.  :P 

prissi

Only if you are on a device with finger mode. Otherwise one could not move the view while building stations. The latter was much more useful with tablets than dragging during my tests (with a rather low resolution device, I admid). So I decided that dragging stations (which was not really dragging anyway, more like repeat) can go. My son found it very confusing, that he could not move the map when building stations.

However, there was one complaint in the german forum as well, so maybe it should be configurable.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on March 18, 2022, 12:35:00 PMOnly if you are on a device with finger mode. Otherwise one could not move the view while building stations. The latter was much more useful with tablets than dragging during my tests (with a rather low resolution device, I admid). So I decided that dragging stations (which was not really dragging anyway, more like repeat) can go. My son found it very confusing, that he could not move the map when building stations.

However, there was one complaint in the german forum as well, so maybe it should be configurable.
Oh I understand, I didn't realize it, but it would be a good idea to combine it with "control key". ;)

prissi

That was requested but is very hard to implement, since the non-draggable tools are called on button release.