News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Game crash when trying to build tram track on Narrow Gauge road crossing

Started by 1993matias, June 18, 2022, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

Hello,

When trying to put tram track on top of a narrow gauge road crossing, the game crashes. Could it be possible to make it at least not crash the game?
Tested on latest nightly.

Ranran(retired)

// If this is a narrow gague way and it attempts to cross a road with a tram track already installed, calling the below method
                    // will crash the game because three different waytypes are not allowed on the same tile. Thus, we must test for this.
                    if (sch->get_waytype() == narrowgauge_wt && gr->has_two_ways())
                    {
                        delete sch;
                        return;
                    }
                    cost = gr->neuen_weg_bauen(sch, ribi, player_builder, &route) - desc->get_value();
I haven't looked into this in detail, but this part of the code doesn't seem to work as intended.

EDIT:
It may not be assumed that the sequence of laying out is done in reverse. (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for the report; I believe that this is now fixed. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

1993matias

Yes, works as intended. No track is built and no crash happens. Perfect, thanks you!

(although a warning saying why it happened might help new players :) )