News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

PR#556 - [GUI] Overhaul of vehicle fare manager

Started by Ranran(retired), June 25, 2022, 07:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Pull request #556 is a preparatory patch for 15.0.

Summary:
- Vehicle fare management UI was an old dialog format and needed to be updated
- There were some bugs as reported in the past
- Expenses will be divided and complicated in ver15.0. Therefore, it is intended to make it easier for players to grasp the balance between income and expenditure.
No new parameters have been added at this time. But if you look at this dialog, it's easy to imagine that 15.0 will add new parameters here.

It can be merged into the master branch and tested. This is an extension of pull request #555. By testing this, you can also test PR#555 at the same time.
This patch assumes the use of the comfort symbol, which will be available in PR#555. Please update the theme when testing this.

I would appreciate your feedback on this update. See you at the next meat bun shop. (´・ω・`)

EDIT:
Supplementary information:
Fare changers by accommodation are grouped by "accommodation". Not an accommodation rank.
That is, the rank and proper name of the compartment. For example, if the compartment of accommodation class [1] has the accommodation name "Bench Seat" (it is common in Japanese slave transport), it will be distinguished from the compartment of unnamed accommodation class [1].
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Ranran(retired)

This pull request has been updated and the line fare maneger has also been updated.
The line fare maneger dialog sank and was imprisoned in a tab as part of the schedule list federal state.

The added translation terms are as follows.
Accommodation
Compartments
fare_management_by_vehicle
fare_management_by_accommo
Convoy running costs per km
For reference, "Compartments" is used as a table header, but it is convenient to use an abbreviation if possible because the cell will not grow tooo fat. (´・ω・`)

Known bug:
The up and down arrows seem to go crazy if it is independent of the scrollbar.
That is, disable pretends to be pressed, and pressed pretends to be disable.
I don't think I've changed the code that way, so I suspect this is a standard bug.

Matthew

This is a great patch, Ranran! The old Fare Manager was not easy to use. Thank you so much!

Totals and vehicle display
One part of the new window was not clear to me though. Maybe it is a bug. Look at this train and see in the top left-hand corner that it has 240 Very Low seats:

They are all Low seats that have been reduced to Very Low.

Now look at the individual vehicles. If I read the UI correctly, only vehicle 6 displays the change from Low to Very Low.

The correct information is displayed in the new Convoy Detail payload_spec tab though:

Comfort symbol
QuoteThis patch assumes the use of the comfort symbol, which will be available in PR#555. Please update the theme when testing this.

I was not able to do this from commit #96dc142bbe, currently the tip of the 2206-overhaul-of-convoydetail branch. The themes in /simutrans/themes have not been updated. When I tried to create a new theme using /themes.src/, the paking failed with many errors.

It is probably my mistake. I have had so many problems with makeobj in recent months. But the terminal output is attached, in case it is helpful. Maybe someone can help me.

Data order

I also found that I kept reading the Comfort level as the Capacity. That is, when I when quickly looked at the vehicles above, I read it as "97 passengers in this car".

Line Manager

QuoteThe line fare maneger dialog sank and was imprisoned in a tab as part of the schedule list federal state.

;D  This is a really good idea. Thank you for the idea and the implementation.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Matthew on June 26, 2022, 04:30:14 AMOne part of the new window was not clear to me though. Maybe it is a bug. Look at this train and see in the top left-hand corner that it has 240 Very Low seats:
This is oddly not reproducible in debug builds, but it is reproducible in builds provided by github action. Labels are not updated correctly. This may be a symptom similar to the behavior of the depot dialog being broken. I think that an unexpected lag may occur in updating the data and the data may not be acquired correctly.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you; now incorporated.

Incidentally, I notice that a number of UI elements relating to classes assume a fixed number of classes based on the number of classes specified in Pak128.Britain-Ex (i.e., 5 passenger classes and 2 mail classes). The code for classes was actually designed to accommodate any number (up to 255) of classes of either mail or passengers specified by pakset authors, so I anticipate errors if anyone were to try to specify more than 5 classes for passengers or 2 for mail. I suggest changing these UI elements from using fixed arrays to dynamic structures such as vectors.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on June 26, 2022, 02:29:46 PMIncidentally, I notice that a number of UI elements relating to classes assume a fixed number of classes based on the number of classes specified in Pak128.Britain-Ex (i.e., 5 passenger classes and 2 mail classes). The code for classes was actually designed to accommodate any number (up to 255) of classes of either mail or passengers specified by pakset authors, so I anticipate errors if anyone were to try to specify more than 5 classes for passengers or 2 for mail. I suggest changing these UI elements from using fixed arrays to dynamic structures such as vectors.
Thank you for pointing out. I don't know what happened, but I misunderstood that both of them had an upper limit of 5.
I don't think there is a limit of two mail classes in the UI.