News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New Screen Resolution and Unhappy

Started by zook2, September 07, 2022, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I've changed  to a laptop with a 1920 resolution today (had a 1366 before and that was fine). My Simutrans icons (with a large theme) look like crap but that's how it is. However, all text becomes too small to read comfortably, and apparently the default fonts cannot be enlarged. Can anyone recommend a solution, or a font that does not look silly when enlarged? Do I have to switch to fullscreen in 1366?

Matthew

Congratulations on your new laptop, Zook! Hopefully it makes playing Simutrans more enjoyable.

I have converted the beautiful Raleway font into a moderately large (15-point) version for you. Right-click to download railway.bdf, put it into Extended's font directory and restart the game. You should see it listed as Railway BDF.

This font looks similar to 20th century British railway fonts such as Gill Sans and Transport, so it fits well with pak128.Britain-Ex. If it's still too small, let me know and I can try to make it larger (or explain how to do it yourself).

Legal stuff: Railway BDF is released under the SIL Open Font Licence as a modification of Raleway and the source is on Github.

ofl-human-readable.png
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。