News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

android - idea for touch interface

Started by Vladki, August 31, 2022, 08:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

recently I tried playing battle for Wesnoth on mobile phone. It has an interesting approach to touch interface. The touchscreen works more like a touchpad. If you touch the screen move the finger - the cursor moves in the same direction, but is not directly under your finger. It moves from the place where it was left last time. Thus you can see where the cursor is, and position it more precisely than just trying to hit the tiny icon with fat fingers. Tap = click on the place where the cursor was left last time, two finger drag moves the map, tap and hold = right click (could be used instead of ctrl-click).  I think this would greatly improve playability on touchscreen (especially small ones).

Mishasama

This is the touchpad mode used on laptops.

And you can refer to the design of the Android VNC client.
That's the best mouse operation mode I've ever experienced on my mobile phone.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。

Mishasama

Oh yes, another design for reference is the keyboard and mouse simulation of STEAM LINK.
It allows players to freely set key mappings, making it ideal for PC games that require more shortcuts. And this seems to be the best porting solution without redesign the UI for the game so far.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。