News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Convoi images list on depot dialog is too small

Started by Roboron, August 26, 2022, 03:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboron

The convoi images list for pak128.german ships depot is so small by default that a player mistakenly reported that the game has no ships. I've tried to increase the default height of the list in the code but I had no luck.

depotlist1.png

Additionally, when you first open the depot dialog, if you don't resize the dialog but scroll the list, only the first row is actually shown.

depotlist2.png

Roboron

Giving this a second try, I found the source of the bug. The issue is that the gui_scrollpane component does not care about min_size height of inside component, it will always default to min size of scrollbar.

Solution was of course to tell gui_scrollpane to use the min_size height the same way it is using the width ( limiting the height so the dialogs are not oversized).

Furthermore, I wanted the vehicle list to only show the necessary height it needs for displaying a row (in min_size), not more. For this I needed a new min_size, which I called min_scroll_size, which tells gui_scrollpane what the minimum scrolling size of the inside component is. When this min_scroll_size is defined, gui_scrollpane will use that for its own size, otherwise it will fallback to min_size.

The second bug mentioned I also found a way to fix it, which is not the same that saying that I know what causes it. I just noticed that replacing set_windowsize by resize in depot_frame constructor workaround the bug, but is probably not the correct solution.

See the comparison now / before (showing that minimum height of lists have changed too, but that can be reverted. I just found the previous default too comically small).

Dwachs

thanks, in r10788.

The size variable in depot_frame.cc was (0,0). Setting to minimum window size was enough.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.