News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Beta version - 0.84.19.0 (is it a missing link?)

Started by Yona-TYT, September 16, 2024, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

From X the user "Khaki Cap" sends me this relic.

QuoteGuess I've dug up another #Simutrans version on another archived DVD.

Beta version - 0.84.19.0

Haven't seen this specific one in Simutrans archives or in downloads overall

Khaki Cap

I like to dig through shareware DVDs and this release of shareware disk happened to have another random release of Simutrans. I was curious if it was version that's already archived or if it was some lost version.
(Here I'm providing a link to Google Drive with Simutrans 0.84.19.0 stored in .7z and .zip)

prissi

Thank you, this version predates all the SVN so we would not be able to build it anymore.
But there are no exactly matching pak file. (One could of course try a more recent pak version from the SVN with an old makeobj.)

Khaki Cap

I'll go back and try to dig through the installed game again to see, if I missed any paks, makeobj or other important files in there.

(*Update 24.9.2024: I was searching through the DVD and its folder but found nothing, only that .exe installer. So I decided to browse through the other files of beta 0.84.19.0 already installed on my PC. They're packed in .zip/.7z on my Google drive. Not sure if those files will help or work, but at least I tried.)

prissi

Thank you, that is the data. This is also the earliest version with the Japan pak, including my awful (shudder) Japanese translation.

Khaki Cap

Good to hear those are the correct files. You're welcome :)