News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

PR#587 - Patch: modernization of convoy loading info

Started by Ranran(retired), November 12, 2022, 08:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Hi, new patches was harvested again at [ ]Jalapagos. (´・ω・`)

The patch evolves one of the tabs in the convoy info dialog, the payload info tab.
Although this tab is very frequently used in simutrans, it is still outdated and I believe improving this display should be a big step forward.
This has been grown by Ranrans in our stables, and now it's finally time to harvest. Enjoy it while it's still fresh.

Bulleted commentary
- Goods are quantified by a colored bar similar to the bar above the head of the station.
-- the orientation of the bar is horizontal and extends from right to left.
--- Bar lengths are adjusted so that the most common item in the category has the widest width.

- Considered to make it easier to understand where the passengers/goods is dumped from the convoy.
-- By displaying the station number, it becomes easier to grasp the place to be dumped.
--- This station number display, of course, has an access function to that station.

- The sort combobox was previously packed into one, but this one has been broken down into five options.
(1) Sort by what
(2) From where?
(3) To where?
(4) Display mode switcher
(5) Divide by class
By manipulating these options, goods can be grouped or disassembled.
If you turn off options (2) and (3), it becomes a simple bar showing the occupancy rate for each capacity.
-- From: is displayed on the upper side and To: on the lower side.
--- The placement of the option boxes is accordingly.

- The following translation terms will be added
Boarding from:
Loaded at:
Origin:
origin
Shipped from:
Loaded stop
Origin stop
separate_by_fare_class
divide_by_wealth_class
Separate cargo information display by fare class of this convoy.
Cargoes are divided and displayed according to the wealth class.
info_depth_from:
info_depth_to:
:warning:  Nevertheless, it may also be necessary to check whether existing translations match this system.

A merged version of this into the ex15 branch can be tested below.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-exp/actions/runs/3450036632

I would appreciate it if you could tell me your impressions after tasting this. Following Western culture, I give thanks in advance.  :hat:
See you at the next Harvest Festival. (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

wlindley

Simply wonderful !

The data in this format, is hugely helpful in understanding why a route functions well or not, and gives many ideas how I might improve my network.

I can only hope the Station Info window could be likewise improved, if the code is suitably structured.

Thank you !

jamespetts

Thank you very much for this. I have just been testing this. In my testing, I cannot see any effect for changing the original "sort passengers/freight by" setting - am I missing something?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on December 24, 2022, 10:33:29 PMThank you very much for this. I have just been testing this. In my testing, I cannot see any effect for changing the original "sort passengers/freight by" setting - am I missing something?
This seems to work correctly. It may not make sense if a few types of cargo go to the same destination.

via (detail) might be better translated to via (name). Because it may be misunderstood as via (halt number).
I wonder if sorting by halt number is possible.

Ranran(retired)

Additional updates:
- Added sort order button
- Loading rate display by category

Merry Christmas (´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Quote from: (N)Ranran (Hibernating) on December 25, 2022, 01:36:21 PMAdditional updates:
- Added sort order button
- Loading rate display by category

Merry Christmas (´・ω・`)
Merry Christmas to you, too!

I have now added the translation texts and incorporated this. This is a definite improvement to the user experience. Thank you again.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.