News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

125 new industries opened

Started by Donald C., December 26, 2022, 04:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

Today when I was playing Simutrans Extended Nightly, a market suddenly expanded its industry chain to open 125 vegetable farm in my 128x128 map (1 tile=125m in this map). How to prevent this crazy situation from happening? This is the first time for me to see over 100 industries spawning at once, both in standard and extended.

BettyRubble

Hi!
Did you try adjusting the economic parameters? You can modify the economic parameters of the game, such as the demand and supply ratios, to make the industry growth more gradual and controlled. This can be done in the game settings or through mods.

209CATrus

Probably late as hell to be useful, but given that this topic is pretty high in this subforum, i hope my answer will shed some light upon the minds of those who seek to solve same issue.

Well, i don't think there are any "adequate" solutions. There are two main causes:

• Factory builder. The factory builder system tries to cover a demand (aka the maximum consumption per month) of agents that lack certain goods. The demand scheme looks like pyramid, so for example if a butcher lacks meat (unless the map has other, unconnected slaughterhouse, cause in such case that slaughterhouse will be connected) the whole slaughterhouse will be built (and it won't care whether the slaughterhouse will have over 100500 capacity compared to butchery). On the other hand, slaughterhouse is being supplied by cattle farms that have a puny production rate of a few heads per month. So that means the factory builder will SPAM ZE MAP WITH FARMS and there's nothing you can do about it. Period.
  • Region system. Farms/mines/etc. can be built only in specific "biomes" aka regions. That means, farms won't be build where coal mines are, etc. etc.

Just make bigger maps. Ideal map should have a space for at least one big factory of each type, like slaughterhouses, steel mills, etc. and a space for the farms/mines that supply these factories.

Donald C.

Quote from: 209CATrus on September 02, 2023, 01:27:31 PMProbably late as hell to be useful, but given that this topic is pretty high in this subforum, i hope my answer will shed some light upon the minds of those who seek to solve same issue.

Well, i don't think there are any "adequate" solutions. There are two main causes:

• Factory builder. The factory builder system tries to cover a demand (aka the maximum consumption per month) of agents that lack certain goods. The demand scheme looks like pyramid, so for example if a butcher lacks meat (unless the map has other, unconnected slaughterhouse, cause in such case that slaughterhouse will be connected) the whole slaughterhouse will be built (and it won't care whether the slaughterhouse will have over 100500 capacity compared to butchery). On the other hand, slaughterhouse is being supplied by cattle farms that have a puny production rate of a few heads per month. So that means the factory builder will SPAM ZE MAP WITH FARMS and there's nothing you can do about it. Period.
  • Region system. Farms/mines/etc. can be built only in specific "biomes" aka regions. That means, farms won't be build where coal mines are, etc. etc.

Just make bigger maps. Ideal map should have a space for at least one big factory of each type, like slaughterhouses, steel mills, etc. and a space for the farms/mines that supply these factories.

Thanks. A good reply is never too late. I know that there's a function to expand the map in-game so that the new industries can spawn in the new areas.