News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[pak192.comic.ext] Trains running at 1 km/h even in track circuit block mode

Started by Donald C., December 27, 2022, 05:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

I'm only using track_signal everywhere, and trains all run normal when they are leaving the depot. But after some time, all my trains are running only at 1 km/h. This bug has been reported 3 years ago, but only when switching from cab signalling, and in a 1.2GB save (my save is only 0.2MB): https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=19387.0

Save files attached below.
You need to download pak192.comic.ext here: pak192.comic-serverset-extended-nightly.zip
You can open it with the latest nightly version of Simutrans Extended.

Spenk009

Your link to the pakset isn't working.

But have you tried putting an end of signalling signal between switching signalling methods to reset the type? It's not a fix, but a solution.

Donald C.

Pakset download link:https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/Nightly

I'm only using one type of signal all the way.

Screenshot attached below.

Ranran(retired)

I suspect that this is due to some wrong condition that causes convoy to decelerate once (like passing token), which is a wrong action, so the action to accelerate again does not occur.
The train starts decelerating immediately after departure and reaches 1 km/h.

However, similar bugs have been seen from time to time.

It appears that this bug is characterized by not creating forward reservations.

EDIT:

A signal in the middle of the station, it seems that it can't handle this correctly.
The signal ahead of the station seems to lose its chance to turn green by stopping at the station.
The signal at the next of the station remains red, but the train leaves the station. The signal remains red but the train passes it.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Rollmaterial

As Ranran pointed out, you are not supposed to place signals in the middle of a station. Remember that fool-proofing is not the highest development priority in Extended.

Donald C.

After some testing, I found that trains will reduce their speeds to 1 km/h once they pass through a level crossing, even if there is no signal on the crossing.

The final solution is simple: remove all level crossings.

EDIT: I still find my train running at 1 km/h after leaving a platform without any signals. This bug is exclusive to the now-not updated pak192.comic.ext.

Flemmbrav

Just to confirm the dat file of the signal isn't faulty:

This should be said dat file:
obj=roadsign
name=track_signal_form
copyright=PappeTeeMaster
waytype=narrowgauge_track
intro_month=1
intro_year=1835
retire_year=1980
retire_month=1
cost=750

working_method=track_circuit_block
is_signal=1
aspects=2
normal_danger=1

icon=> ./images/signals/signal.1.8
cursor=./images/signals/signal.1.9
Image[0-7]=./images/signals/signal.1.<$0>

https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/blob/Extended/pakset/infrastructure/track/signals.dat

Anything wrong with that?

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Sandbox Player on December 28, 2022, 05:11:01 AMEDIT: I still find my train running at 1 km/h after leaving a platform without any signals. This bug is exclusive to the now-not updated pak192.comic.ext.
Quote from: Flemmbrav on December 28, 2022, 08:49:50 AMAnything wrong with that?
Since this signal behavior method is for single track, it would be better to have a signal for double track. i.e. absolute block signal.

This anomaly may occur because it is for a single track. Tile reservation is not working properly.
Signals for double tracks have simple tile reservations. A signal in the middle of a station probably wouldn't be a problem.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Donald C.

Quote from: (N)Ranran (Hibernating) on December 28, 2022, 09:19:37 AMSince this signal behavior method is for single track, it would be better to have a signal for double track. i.e. absolute block signal.

But which one is the 'absolute block signal' in pak192.comic? I can't find it. I could only find long block signals, which require the train to stop every time when it reaches a signal.

Flemmbrav

I replaced all track_circuit_block signals to absolute_block.

Could you try downloading the game again and see if it fixes the issue.

https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/Nightly

Andarix

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 27, 2022, 11:02:58 PMAs Ranran pointed out, you are not supposed to place signals in the middle of a station. Remember that fool-proofing is not the highest development priority in Extended.

This is due to the automatic signal construction every x fields. There it is not checked whether the signal is built on a platform or not. The problem is also likely to affect Simutrans Standard.

I also think the default setting of 2 fields is a bit small.

Donald C.

Yes, this bug still happens in standard to date, though only on inclines with the track_signal.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,22747.new.html

Also the same question: Which one is the absolute block signal? Can't find any of them.

Rollmaterial

In Extended, you will typically need to build a signal box before you can build its respective signals. More info here:

Donald C.

I'm aware of this, but in either cases it's not a bug related to the signal box. Also, this bug exists in the standard version on inclines.

Quote from: Ranran(retired) on December 28, 2022, 09:19:37 AMSince this signal behavior method is for single track, it would be better to have a signal for double track. i.e. absolute block signal.

This anomaly may occur because it is for a single track. Tile reservation is not working properly.
Signals for double tracks have simple tile reservations. A signal in the middle of a station probably wouldn't be a problem.

The culprit is the track_circuit_block signals, that should be replaced by absolute_block.