News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Clicking "replace" in the vehicle window immediately deducts cost of new vehicle

Started by bjarki, January 13, 2023, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjarki

Screenshot 2023-01-13 114021.png
I was in 1751 in this game with the British pakset. My company is in administration, I open the vehicle window for this ship to see if I could replace it with a smaller vessel. Immediately when I click the replace button, $9000 is immediately deducted from my account (the cost of a brand new ship of the same type). I can click this button repeatedly and every time, this amount is deducted. Nothing happens to the ship, it does not actually get replaced. I have done this with land vehicles as well with the same effect. I have replicated this error just now on the current nightly build (#734f8e3).

zook2

Not sure about all the mechanisms, but land vehicles drive to the nearest depot to be replaced, i.e. replacement does not happen immediately.

Also, you know that your ship can have up to seven cargo holds/passenger & mail compartments?

bjarki

The ship in question did not head to a depot either. The 9000 is deducted as soon as I hit Replace on the vehicle window, even if I do nothing in the actual Replace window. I made a recording of this and uploaded on Youtube (make sure to watch in HD):