News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Run Simutrans

Started by aletheamartinez, February 07, 2023, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aletheamartinez

Show Your Progressive Humor With The Certified Racist T-Shirt

In modern society, you will see a very obvious clash between education and humor. If a message is educational, it is rarely fun or interesting, and if a joke is hilarious, there's a high chance it might be offensive. Progress and humor are at odds like that. There still exists hurtful jokes based on prejudice, which undermines social equality.

But it all changes with the satirical "Certified Racist" T-shirt. It confronts discriminatory humor head-on, with a bold message that makes fun of actual racists, not victims. If you support a healthy, non-judgmental society, then wear this T-shirt to make a stand for progress through fashion.

Why Progress And Humor Are Hard To Combine

1. Offensive Humor Still Persists

Although societal awareness has increased in recent years, you can still find offensive jokes rooted in racism, sexism, homophobia and other prejudices. Several high-profile comedians have relied too much on hurtful jokes that mock or diminish the oppressed groups. When they face valid criticism, they would only mock it as the "woke culture" trying to censor comedy.

What's more, TV shows and blockbuster movies continue to normalize racial and gender stereotypes just for cheap laughs. Most mainstream comedy would do anything to get attention, even at the expense of progress.

2. Jokes Undermine Progress

When humor spreads harmful stereotypes about marginalized groups, it undermines the progress toward justice and equality. Prejudiced jokes have reinforced the idea that discrimination is "not as bad as we think". When the public is persuaded to laugh, they will believe stereotypes are acceptable, rather than a problem that needs changing.

Even if the comedian claims they have no ill intentions, they still do damage by underestimating the trauma and oppression of disadvantaged groups. Humor has an incredible power to either support or obstruct equality, depending on how we apply it.

The Certified Racist T-Shirt That Brings A Fresh Air Of Humor

1. The Design That Makes You Rethink

The Certified Racist T Shirt design can take anyone by surprise. It features a bold "Certified Racist" text printed above and below the graphic. The central image is a red and white racing car approaching a winding racetrack. This design uses a clever wordplay, changing from "racer" to "racist". The T-shirt brings a satirical lens and makes you rethink your assumptions.

This design has a message that leaves people wondering: Is it literal?

When a casual race car design is paired with a confrontational text, it provokes you to think deeper. Is the wearer sincerely racist, or are they criticizing racism instead? This T-shirt lets people show their values through dry humor.

2. A Jab Against Toxic Comedians

The "Certified Racist" design was originally create to mock and criticize comedians who tell offensive jokes, yet call them harmless fun. A viral example is the comedian Tony Hinchcliffe, who attacked his Asian colleague with many racist slurs on stage.

Despite the backlash, Hinchcliffe refused to apologize and continued to rely on hurtful jokes. He made an excuse that many of his POC comedian friends approved of his humor. However, the public agreed that bullying the oppressed groups is no humor at all. This T-shirt gave the comedians a dose of their own toxic mentality.

3. Proof That You Don't Have To Offend To Be Funny

Unlike cheap, offensive humor, the Certified Racist Shirt proves that humor does not require racism, misogyny, or personal attacks. The wordplay mocks the concept of prejudice, not any person or group. It pokes fun at the hypocrisy of actual racists, rather than further bullying the minorities. The design shows that society can advance through humor without resorting to hurtful jokes. Laughter can uplift rather than oppress.

Earn Laughs And Expand Minds With This T-Shirt

1. Wear It To Stand-Up Comedies

If you want to make a true difference, take this T-shirt straight to the local stand-up comedy clubs. When the comedian pays attention to your T-shirt, you take that chance and make a statement against jokes based on discrimination. The design promotes healthy discussions on comedy. If one wants to entertain, make the effort to create actual humorous jokes, rather than offending people for cheap laughs. If those comedians choose to be offensive, the T-shirt will challenge them.

When the comedian notices your T-shirt - and they definitely will - you make a statement right there.

2. Wear It To Talk To A Prejudiced Loved One

If you happen to have an older relative who still holds on to racial prejudice, visit them while wearing the Certified Racist T Shirt Making a Satirical Statement Against Racism. Don't call them out aggressively, they will feel attacked rather than understood. When you approach conservative people carefully, the humor element can enable playful education by making them let their guard down.

3. Make A Stand In The Digital World

You can also wear this T-shirt and post selfies across platforms like Instagram and TikTok. These apps provide a strong means to stand against discrimination. The viral nature of social media can easily spread messages against offensive humor. For the audience who don't look kindly at social activism, the humor will persuade them to rethink their views.

Final Thoughts And Comments

All things considered, the "Certified Racist" T-shirt offers a fresh type of comedy that enlightens people, rather than hurting them. Humor and progress are not mutually exclusive, and they should not be. That's why you have to take this T-shirt to anyone who thinks otherwise. Well-executed jokes don't have to come at anyone's expense!

jamespetts

Hello and welcome to Simutrans! Can I check first of all whether you are trying to install the Standard or the Extended version of Simutrans?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Quote from: aletheamartinez on February 07, 2023, 10:48:14 AMHi. I feel very embarrassed about having to ask for help, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to run Simutrans. I downloaded the latest linux version from Sourceforge but I have no idea what do do with it. So I tried installing the apt-get version but I got a six year old one and that will not do.

Sooo, after I downloaded and extracted the sourceforge file... then what? What's the ELF file? What am I supposed to run? Please keep in mind I'm an inexperienced Linux user.

Thanks,

In addition to the helpful advice above, Simutrans is available on Steam if you prefer that route.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。