News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Run Simutrans

Started by aletheamartinez, February 07, 2023, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aletheamartinez

Hi. I feel very embarrassed about having to ask for help, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to run Simutrans. I downloaded the latest linux version from Sourceforge but I have no idea what do do with it. So I tried installing the apt-get version but I got a six year old one and that will not do.

Sooo, after I downloaded and extracted the sourceforge file... then what? What's the ELF file? What am I supposed to run? Please keep in mind I'm an inexperienced Linux user.

Thanks,

jamespetts

Hello and welcome to Simutrans! Can I check first of all whether you are trying to install the Standard or the Extended version of Simutrans?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Quote from: aletheamartinez on February 07, 2023, 10:48:14 AMHi. I feel very embarrassed about having to ask for help, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to run Simutrans. I downloaded the latest linux version from Sourceforge but I have no idea what do do with it. So I tried installing the apt-get version but I got a six year old one and that will not do.

Sooo, after I downloaded and extracted the sourceforge file... then what? What's the ELF file? What am I supposed to run? Please keep in mind I'm an inexperienced Linux user.

Thanks,

In addition to the helpful advice above, Simutrans is available on Steam if you prefer that route.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。