News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Selecting Regions

Started by RealAmerican1776, April 17, 2023, 03:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealAmerican1776

Hi, it has been a really long time but is there any way to select and chose regions in pak128 britian? If not, is there away we can implement it in game?

Yona-TYT

This reminds me of a script I did many years ago, map divided into regions for each player.

RealAmerican1776

I know in standard, they have it that we can select climate settings with weather now, maybe we can do the same thing here?

RealAmerican1776

What I might want to do with my Pak256.America-Ex, maybe I can still have regions like Atlantica (The Mid-Atlantic States, New England, Canadian Maritimes), Dixie (The Deep South), Caribbean, Mid-West, Texas, the Mountain States, California, Alaska and Hawaii, and then just have people go into the setting files and change it manually. That way I can still have the normal heights but still have different houses and trees and factories for the region specific.  Would that be possible?

Matthew

Quote from: Ronin1996 on April 17, 2023, 03:47:45 PMHi, it has been a really long time but is there any way to select and chose regions in pak128 britian? If not, is there away we can implement it in game?

Yes, you can. You need to edit simuconf.tab before you create a new game. Use Notepad, Notepad++ or a similar basic text editor (not Word/WordPad/LibreOffice). Open the simuconf.tab for pak128.Britain-Ex (in your Simutrans game directory, look in \Pak128.Britain-Ex\config\ or find it here). Search for "Region settings" and copy the whole section into your personal simuconf.tab. (If you don't have one, look in My Documents for \simutrans, create a simutrans\config\ directory and create a new file called simuconf.tab). You can now edit that section to create your new region settings, using the instructions provided there.

Then you can edit the region settings for the buildings in your pakset.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。