News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Coupling constraint issues with locomotives

Started by SuperTimo, May 31, 2023, 05:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperTimo

Apologies I see you moved this to closed but just noticed something. I wonder if there is a related bug with the some of the LSWR locomotives? I can't find any way to put a King Arthur loco at the head of a consist of coaches for example. The only LSWR tender is the one in the image below but it doesn't seem to have an associated locomotive.

I also can't put the 'Ironclad' mail coaches at the end of consist. I am not sure if this is intentional for these particular coaches but typically mail coaches can be placed at the end.

jamespetts

I have split this from the other topic relating to Ironclad carriages. Please do remember the bug reporting guidance of one bug per thread, even if the bugs are similar in nature to one another. Not having one bug per thread makes it very, very difficult to keep track of what is outstanding and what has been fixed.

I will look into this now, however; thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I am not able to reproduce this, I am afraid, using the standard technique of building the locomotive before the tender using "append" rather than "insert". Can you confirm whether you are able to build this type of locomotive using "append"? If you are still having trouble, I should be grateful if you could set out a detailed step by step reproduction case. Thank you.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

SuperTimo

Thanks for looking James, apologies I will raise another report in the future.

I am finding the issue is when I am trying to upgrade the locomotive for the train but keep an existing rake of coaches. Certain locomotives can be bought fine using append but then can not be put the head of a rake of coaches. I have found this as I would like keep using my LBSCR 'Balloon' cars but I have been unable to replace the locomotives with certain SR locos.

For example the SR Lord Nelson can be bought using append and then have coaches attached.

However, let say I already owned these LMS coaches and wanted to attach a brand new Lord Nelson to them. As you can see below some tenders are available but no SR one.

I can attach the LNER A1 tender and then it gives me the option to buy the locomotive

This works for all other locomotives available through append but not the Lord Nelson or as referenced above the SR King Arthur.

jamespetts

Thank you for the additional details. Investigation reveals that this is not a pakset issue, but rather an issue with the UI, in that the behaviour that you describe occurs whenever a tender has only one locomotive to which it can attach.

In the meantime, a workaround is to disassemble the convoy in the depot and build the new locomotive using "append", before reassembling it again with the existing carriages.

SuperTimo

Thanks for the investigation and work around James.