News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Building elevated bridges

Started by Limited, May 19, 2009, 09:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limited

Hi how can I build a bridge/ramp from 2nd to 3rd level on elevated roads? or get the road to continoue straight forward when the ground slopes underneath a elevated road

Dwachs

this is not possible with the current simutrans.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

whoami

@Limited: I didn't fully understand what you try to accomplish. It is - in principle - possible to connect roads to elevated roads, and with the help of slopes, elevated roads can - to a limited extent - be raised even more if a suitable bridge is available.

The screenshot has been made with maglev track from Pak64:

Of course, you need matching objects for your pak set.

I hope I didn't exploit some bug when I built this. :)

Limited

I downloaded highway parts of the Japanese pak and saw a video on youtube about a running highway, where the road went upwards in circles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4BcD6uN5H8&feature=related
I have been trying to build levels of road but only managed to connect to the first lvl above the ground it connects from.
So what I am asking is if it possible to bridge from one elevated lvl to the next?

Dwachs

maybe its something like this:

1) raise landscape, built upper lever of highway, built connecting bridges to upper level
2) lower landscape, built lower levels,
3) proceed
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

cascadia

Quote from: Dwachs on May 22, 2009, 09:09:54 AM
maybe its something like this:

1) raise landscape, built upper lever of highway, built connecting bridges to upper level
2) lower landscape, built lower levels,
3) proceed

Yep, it's something like that, through I'm busy with something else right now, so I can't confirm the exact steps.

Limited

On first try it looks like it works :D

timfan3939

I've tried with normal bridge, It didn't work.
According to the Japanese web Site,
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?%A5%C1%A5%E5%A1%BC%A5%C8%A5%EA%A5%A2%A5%EB%2F%CA%A3%C3%CA%B9%E2%B2%CD%A4%CE%BA%EE%A4%EA%CA%FD
It IS the step Dwachs provides.
But I think it should be special bridge.
According to the picture in the website, it is a bridge that can be built without starting point and ending point.
So I think it is not a built-in bridge.
OR, It is NOT a bridge.
If someone found the add-on for this, please post here.
Thanks

timfan3939

I think I found the way.
All you have to do is the following step:
1)Click the following address to get the Add-on which I found
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=Addon128%2FOthers&openfile=HWSRvol2v2.zip
2)Unzip and copy it into /pak.
3)To use it, You should use Road tools/Highway060_ELV to built the elevated bridges
4)Follow the step and the picture I previously post, You will know how to build such a thing.

As I analyze, the japanese view the tool as ground object, with some tech to lie your eye.
Building it is not easy, but it is fun to build it.

Limited

Yeah I tried this out and I also found it working the problem i found out was that i also installed a new courser... cant remember where I found it right now but teh file was called Courser-2449.patch, and this makes it possible to build upper levels right on top of the first ones, the only problem I had was making connection from 2nd level and up but with the building method you showed it solves the problem  ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

You bet I will be coming back to this thread to see if I can figure it out too... And this is totally not a bookmark to remind me specifically when more replies are posted... hehe

I think that video is one of the coolest tricks I've seen. Maybe better than when we could build roads under the sea (or rather "lower" sea tiles). I do miss that... hehe