News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

meters_per_tile for standard?

Started by Donald C., December 09, 2023, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

Simutrans extended has a meters_per_tile setting, which allows me to play in more detail, and makes underground subway feasible. I don't know why they still don't implement this into Simutrans standard.

I like having the cities in more detail, but I don't want to use extended because 1)it's not available in pak128.german, which I think is the most sophisticated pakset 2)the cities in extended are all in a weird rectangular shape, cutting off in a straight line.

One "resolution" is simply setting the median population per town to 12800, which is 8 times higher than default, to make the game build cities 8 times larger, which I currently do in pak128.german, but this will create too much passengers.

How difficult is it to implement it to standard?

ceeac

Quote from: Sandbox Player on December 09, 2023, 02:03:16 PMOne "resolution" is simply setting the median population per town to 12800, which is 8 times higher than default, to make the game build cities 8 times larger, which I currently do in pak128.german, but this will create too much passengers.

You can lower "passenger_factor" in simuconf.tab, but this only works for passengers, not mail or freight.