News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Back at it...Need help with maps

Started by thisandthat, January 28, 2024, 04:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisandthat

Been a couple  years I think. Wanted to start a new game, but having problems with the map.
Downloaded a couple from Simutrans map, but they do not show up when I go to " load height maps" The files are located in \Documents\Simutrans\maps.

I just can't seem to figure out how to get good maps with the landscape settings (always a million lakes or none), so I thought I'd try a pre made one.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Combuijs

They should show up. But these downloads are *.zip files. You should extract their content so that *.ppm files show up. Did you perhaps forget to extract them?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

ceeac

There is a bug in the stable version which prevents in PPM format from being loaded. Unfortunately, almost(?) all of the maps on maps.simutrans.com are in PPM format. You can work around the bug by using a nightly version of Simutrans, or converting the maps to BMPs or PNGs using your favourite image manipulation program.

thisandthat

Quote from: ceeac on January 28, 2024, 04:09:10 PMThere is a bug in the stable version which prevents in PPM format from being loaded. Unfortunately, almost(?) all of the maps on maps.simutrans.com are in PPM format. You can work around the bug by using a nightly version of Simutrans, or converting the maps to BMPs or PNGs using your favourite image manipulation program.

That did it, thanks very much.