News:

Beta test the new forum at https://simutrans.forum/
Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

pakTTD rail/road crossing? Road bridges? Rail bridges?

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, May 05, 2024, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Just playing with the pak's opening default map, which is in 1930, and there is no apparent way to use road and rail together since there's no way for them to cross. :)

No bridges in road or rail menu, and can't make road/rail crossing.

I suppose this is a very underplayed pak with little maintenance, so chances are low it might be fixed, but thought I'd report it.

This was downloaded via 124.0 :)

prissi

I did not yet convert the OPenTTD graphics for them because these graphics were open source graphics from OpenTTD before actually OpenTTD started. Also bridges are handled differently in OpenTTD, so one would need to cut them a little more. Also they use single height ...

I would be happy if someone works on that as the conversion is otherwise straight forward. But Vanilla OpenTTD has few objects (not surprising given for what specs I had been originally made).

Normal crossings should be easy to add though.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Hmm. I don't have Photoshop these days, and as a lazy person, it's the only place I'm really comfortable editing graphics.

I may obtain that again, and if I do, I'll see what I can do. It's been a while since I've done some roads, so maybe I can add some features to the pak and make either a fork or an addon pack to add more stuff.