News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[Suggestion v3.12] Unknown Waiting Time

Started by knightly, May 24, 2009, 05:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightly

James,

Since I have checked that all waiting times are calculated and stored correctly, I think most cases of unknown waiting time are just cases where the average happens to be smaller than 10. How about this :

(1) if there are entries in the waiting times list, any average less than 10 will be reset to 10 and be shown as 1min (no additional processing) in the halt details window

(2) if there are no entries in the waiting times list, or if no such waiting times list exists, set the average waiting time to 9, and display "unknown waiting time" in halt details window by checking explicitly for occurences of 9

In this way, it will be less misleading to players (because waiting times are in fact known in some cases where "unknown waiting time" is shown), and it is easier for us to detect any problem (because we will know if there are entries in waiting times list).

If you agree to this, I can push a new commit for you to review the changes.

jamespetts

I thought that my implementation already did this...? 9 is returned whenever the list of waiting times is empty, and 10 is returned whenever the list is not empty, but the average waiting times are less than 1.0 minutes. The remaining "unknowns" are probably there because there have not actually been any goods/passengers departing that station for that destination yet.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

knightly

Sorry, James, you are right. I will check if there is any unknown waiting time after several months of game play.