News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[UI] Player ranking

Started by Ranran, May 11, 2024, 08:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran

One feature that I think is missing from Simutrans (in addition to the chat improvements) is the ability to encourage players' competitive spirit in network competitive games.
This leads to purpose, motivation, and satisfaction in playing.

Well, it's true that older Japanese people prefer to avoid competition with other players in the game, but that's not healthy from an economic standpoint either.

In particular, extended network games allow for more realistic competition between companies without relying on public players, which is one of the best parts of the game.
Even though there are multiple players, there is a lack of UI to support "comparing" them.
In the real world, when there are multiple companies competing in the same region, it is natural to compare their statistical data. Until now, there was nothing like it.

If it becomes clear that you are a transport tycoon, you may aspire to be a transport tycoon.
You don't have to be the best at everything. It is also possible to aim for the best in a specific item. For example, you carried more mail than anyone else.

Recently, the player list has finally been revised in Extended.
New additions often occur in a chain when UI updates are made.
This is because the opportunity to check the code is an opportunity to reconfirm its potential and is also a good opportunity to work on it.

So I was planning further updates to the player list. That was the idea for the player ranking, but while coding it, I chose to make it independent as a single dialog.
Because, firstly, many features can be added to the dialog in the future.
Second, when you merge them into the player list, the sizes of the two do not match.
Third, from a usability perspective, it would be more convenient to be able to access rankings directly with a shortcut or icon. Switching between tabs requires extra effort.

As I mentioned above, we can add a lot of information to this window to provoke players.
However, as a first step I would like to add minimal functionality and implement a ranking window.

The first patch can be found in pull request number #652. Please give it a try.

The first patch just displays a chart.
This window can be opened from the player list, by preparing a new menu icon, or by using shortcut keys defined in menuconf.tab.
dialog_tool[129]=30,
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-pak128.britain/commit/9357b97707da15c1c7de01dbc60b7630b48c8266
There is a commit here to update pak-britain, but my repository is broken and cannot be repaired.
It's committed to the wrong branch, so you need to cherry-pick only the commit without merging.

What is different from before is that line graphs for multiple players are displayed at the same time.
The ranking will be displayed on the right side of the graph.
If you compare it to the first image, you can see that the players have been reordered.

Public player of cheating companie will not be displayed in the list. It will often destroy ranking charts because it has abnormal stats.

Player buttons function as highlight buttons instead of hide buttons.
Dots is displayed on the selected blue chart line.
You can also right-click to open the finance window.

Below the chart are buttons for selecting chart items.
I extracted items from existing finance records that I thought useful for comparison.

These images have the latest standard font patch applied, so their appearance may differ slightly from the patch. The patch itself does not include it and can be merged into the current master branch.

This time I aimed for a minimal implementation, so I didn't add any fields that weren't in the existing records.
In the future we will be able to save new records to save data and add them here.

What I came up with is total Travel distance (of convoy), Way kilometreage.
In particular, it would be good to have yearly records of way kilometreage as an indicator of company growth and expansion, such as for railway companies.

It's not just limited to charts. Adding various rankings around the world, such as stations with the most ratings, stations where the most passengers started their journeys, stations that sent the most mail, most profitable convoy\lines, etc., provides a purpose for play.
I think it would be interesting to add the worst ranking.
This will increase player satisfaction and encourage competitive spirit.

I plan to add and improve features little by little in the future.
I would appreciate your feedback on this.

209CATrus

Thank you, Ranran, for yet another interesting addition to Simutrans Extended! So far the clickable things click pretty well and don't crash anything. Before this pull request gets merged, may i suggest moving the ranking menu button to the player finance window? Even though the data gets updated monthly, right now the access is pretty unobvious. Regarding adding new entries, i think adding a window that shows most used rail/road/water/air vehicle model might provide a useful insight regarding vehicle balance for pak creators.

Since you are going into competitive waters, you should probably add a way for players to eliminate giant, but obsolete or abandoned companies. Maybe partial asset buyout after certain years afk? After all, the SimuEx is supposed to be a longplay game, so it should be provided with the tools to eliminate abandoned (but floating) companies without intervention from the server administrator. Of course that must be discussed with James, yes.

Quick note: takeover system, as of today, requires companies to take ALL liabilities and assets. It works when company is in the red, but if company in question is in administration with bazillion coins in net worth, it won't be absorbed. Too expensive. The partial buyout system should help the matters, in my humble opinion that is.

P.S. I just realized i made a suggestion post. But well, strike the iron while it's hot.

Ranran

Thank you for testing.
Quote from: 209CATrus on May 11, 2024, 08:22:01 PMmay i suggest moving the ranking menu button to the player finance window?
I think so. Player ranking is now accessible from the finance window as well.

Quote from: 209CATrus on May 11, 2024, 08:22:01 PMi think adding a window that shows most used rail/road/water/air vehicle model might provide a useful insight regarding vehicle balance for pak creators.
I think this is a statistic that many players will be interested in.
Since this is a function that counts the vehicles owned by the player, it may be an efficient means to implement it together with the function to buy and sell player vehicles. It seems like Ves was working on it before, but since it's old code, I think a lot of it will need to be redone.

Ranking of vehicle numbers must be by genre.
For example, there tends to be more wagons than locomotives.

Abandoned players are certainly an issue, but I don't think they're the topic of discussion here.

I found an old topic, but I think it's related to this topic in terms of transportation shares.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21116.0.html

jamespetts

This does look good! Thank you for your work on this. The code changes seem to work nicely, but cherry picking the pakset change causes merge conflicts, so I cannot fully test the new UI, and I have therefore not merged this at this stage.

I agree that adding way kilometerage over time and other things such as number of stops would enhance this further.

One thing to think about in future is how to handle mergers or defunct companies: ideally, liquidated companies would be shown on the graph in the historical years in which they were still operating, and pre-merger companies should also be indicated, but this would be much harder work, I appreciate, and these are non-essential features.

As to 209CATrus's suggestions, I agree that they are not for discussion in this post as that would take us off topic.

Thank you again for your work on this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran

Quote from: jamespetts on May 13, 2024, 11:41:19 PMbut cherry picking the pakset change causes merge conflicts, so I cannot fully test the new UI, and I have therefore not merged this at this stage.
Changes to pakset Just do the following three things:

(1) Add an image for the menu button
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-pak128.britain/9357b97707da15c1c7de01dbc60b7630b48c8266/gui/gui64/menu_buttons.png
Shortcut key is not drawn. Please edit the image if it is necessary.

(2) Associating icon numbers and images in dat files(DialogeTools in new_menus.dat)
Image[30]=> menu_buttons.4.8
(3-1) Specify the icon number, shortcut in menuconf.tab
dialog_tool[129]=30,Please specify the shortcut key at the end

(3-2) and specify display position in menuconf.tab
Maybe next to the finance dialog button would be ideal?

Shortcut keys must be determined by the pakset author.
A potential problem with pak britain is that shortcut keys are assigned to public works tools (edit tools).
You can access it even if you are not a public player, contradicting the fact that you are hiding it from the menu bar.
The edit tool that was opened illegally with a shortcut cannot be used even if the player is returned to a public player after that, so it looks like a bug and is a source of confusion for players.
If the shortcut key assignment for the ranking icon is insufficient, I recommend removing it.

There may be useful chart suggestions in this list that can be added in the future.

Ranran

I noticed that some finance chart records are no longer in use.
ATV_TRANSPORTED,           ///< Total number of transported cargo, was COST_ALL_TRANSPORTED

ATV_DELIVERED_PASSENGER,   ///< Number of delivered passengers, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_PAS
ATV_DELIVERED_MAIL,        ///< Number of delivered mail, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_MAIL
ATV_DELIVERED_GOOD,        ///< Number of delivered goods, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_GOOD
ATV_DELIVERED,             ///< Total number of delivered cargo
This may be repurposed for another record.
For example, mileage, way distance, total electrified distance, number of vehicles.

It should be noted that these are recorded per way type.
The ranking chart must be able to display the ranking for each waytype by selecting options.

Matthew

Ranran, this looks like a great new feature for Extended!  :heart:  Thank you for all your work creating this. You have provided clear and convincing reasons for adding this as a separate dialog.

Quote from: Ranran on May 11, 2024, 08:59:33 AMPublic player of cheating companie will not be displayed in the list. It will often destroy ranking charts because it has abnormal stats.

Yes, removing the public player will be make it much easier to read. Thank you for putting in the extra effort in to implement this.

QuotePlayer buttons function as highlight buttons instead of hide buttons.
Dots is displayed on the selected blue chart line.
You can also right-click to open the finance window.

This is such a good design: the dots make it much easier to see the data for one company when there are several lines close together.

QuoteWhat I came up with is total Travel distance (of convoy), Way kilometreage.
In particular, it would be good to have yearly records of way kilometreage as an indicator of company growth and expansion, such as for railway companies.

Yes, way kilometrage would be an interesting record to add. As you know, there must already be code to calculate it since it is displayed in the Statistics Tab.

Quote from: Ranran on May 15, 2024, 04:44:06 PMI noticed that some finance chart records are no longer in use.
    ATV_TRANSPORTED,           ///< Total number of transported cargo, was COST_ALL_TRANSPORTED

ATV_DELIVERED_PASSENGER,   ///< Number of delivered passengers, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_PAS
    ATV_DELIVERED_MAIL,        ///< Number of delivered mail, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_MAIL
    ATV_DELIVERED_GOOD,        ///< Number of delivered goods, was: COST_TRANSPORTED_GOOD
    ATV_DELIVERED,             ///< Total number of delivered cargo
This may be repurposed for another record.

Am I right in understanding your meaning as this: you want to re-use the ATV_DELIVERED_GOOD record for another purpose? I have a reservation about this. You will remember that you changed the replaced the records of passengers, mail, and goods delivered for a passenger-km delivered and similar items. I am one of several players who preferred the old measurements. Perhaps one day, when I have learned more C++, I will be able to add those old measurements back to the game. Would it not be possible to add new records rather than re-using old ones? It seems a case where "both X and Y" is better than choosing "X or Y". Earlier, you wrote:

QuoteThis time I aimed for a minimal implementation, so I didn't add any fields that weren't in the existing records.
In the future we will be able to save new records to save data and add them here.

I understand that you are want a "minimal implementation". I don't know, but I imagine adding new records may be a lot more work, because you have to update the save game version and so on. But I just want to understand what might be lost by re-using records.

QuoteFor example, mileage, way distance, total electrified distance, number of vehicles.

It should be noted that these are recorded per way type.
The ranking chart must be able to display the ranking for each waytype by selecting options.

It is obviously your decision what features to implement, but I wonder whether you could make your life easier by limiting the number of waytypes displayed. Are players really interested in runway kilometrage? Could you maybe just "cherry-pick" the most interesting statistics for separate buttons and charts? E.g. railway kilometrage, road kilometrage, but not runway (air) kilometrage? I just wonder if this might save you some work??

I would also like to make a suggestion, though obviously you are free to implement or ignore it. The ranking that I would most like to see would be some form of 'return on capital employed'. This is the most important ranking for private transport businesses today, e.g. Deutsche Bahn says:

QuoteWe use the return on capital employed ratio (ROCE) as the central performance measure for the development of our Group portfolio as well as for allocating capital expenditures.

I calculated something like this manually for the last Bridgewater-Brunel game in 1876:

and for 1 January 1923:

(You might notice that I changed the fourth column from 'Return on Capital' to 'Return on Net Wealth'. Extended currently only measures Net Wealth, which includes the enormous cash piles players generate because capital is not repaid [dividends] and profits are not taxed. I thought the difference was not too important, because the calculation gave numbers in the right order of magnitude. But as the game continued, I realized that the Net Wealth measure creates the paradoxical effect that if you burn cash [by buying another company, or just digging big holes], then your Return on Net Wealth improves! So we cannot use the game's current statistics for the standard business measure of 'return on capital employed'. Changing Net Wealth would be a completely different project from this thread. I am simply noting the differences between the game statistics and the real-world measurement to avoid confusion, hoping others can learn from my mistake.)

If you are interested in adding more records, I would be grateful if you would consider adding one that is as close as possible to 'return on capital employed'. At the moment, the best we have is Return on Assets (Operating Profit / Assets). But if you're not interested, then I totally understand. It's your decision how you want to use your own free time to improve Simutrans!  :)
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Ranran

QuoteAm I right in understanding your meaning as this: you want to re-use the ATV_DELIVERED_GOOD record for another purpose? I have a reservation about this.
They are completely useless garbage data that is still being recorded but not used. That data has no value. By checking the code you will see how worthless it is.
This may also be true for standard. It may be garbage generated when separating into transport types 12 years ago.

ATV_TRANSPORTED was indeed made worthless data by my transportation unit change patch.
person*km + kg*km + tonne*km = garbage data
but it never showed up anywhere.

QuotePerhaps one day, when I have learned more C++, I will be able to add those old measurements back to the game.
"Move forward before you start talking pointlessly." It's a proverb often used in Japan.
As I have said several times before, I recommend that you avoid making your own efforts and refrain from speaking "delusion" about things that are beyond your knowledge. It will allow you to provide appropriate feedback and will not hinder the progress of the patch.
Once again, you made an off-topic point by linking unrelated matters. Please develop your logic based on evidence rather than baseless delusions. This will reduce the chances of making misguided statements.
You've been saying for years that you might code in the future and do it yourself, so start now.
It's much easier to see what existing code is doing than to add/create new functionality, and would be a great first step to learning simutrans code.
I'm busy watching a mahjong game today, so I might explain it later, but I hope you can come up with the answer on your own by then.

EDIT:
QuoteI am one of several players who preferred the old measurements.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?msg=200557
I've pointed out here that it's useless and problematic. It is only useful in rare cases and produces garbage data in many other cases. With the old measurement method, when a conovoy carries apples and wool at the same time, it is no longer meaninglfull data.
Don't revive garbage just because you like it without solving the problem.
Ideally, you should move forward little by little by repeating two steps forward and one step back. But it's just trying to take two steps back.

One passenger was transported by two players. How do we "accurately" disassemble and distribute one passenger? That's the one of the reason why your favorite old measurement is worthless. Unlike the real world, simutrans does not purchase tickets. That's the big difference.
So that topic is also a worthless discussion in this thread. Also, the old data I pointed out above is even more meaningless than that.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you for that. I have now managed to merge the pakset files manually and have put the ranking button next to the finance dialogue button as suggested, which seems to be a good place for it. I have modified the ranking button slightly to display a shortcut key for it (CTRL+R) and also added a help text for this as well as a few other help texts that were missing. I also took the opportunity to add a custom graphic for the list of all vehicles dialogue button. 

I did, however, get merge conflicts (in the code, not pakset) when attempting to merge this with the ex-15 branch, so I will need something that can merge cleanly into that branch before this can be incorporated, but this is otherwise ready, I think. This does add a helpful aspect to the game and this is excellent work.

As to the discussion between Matthew and Ranran, while I tend to agree with Ranran about the usefulness of the old data, on which more below, I must ask that responses be kept polite and civilised even where we disagree. That really is very important indeed - more important than any particular feature of this game. The Simutrans community (incorporating both people who play Extended and Standard) is one of the most valuable assets of this game, and polite and respectful dialogue is essential to maintaining that community. We are all completely free to share ideas and to disagree with others so long as we do so in a way that maintains the level of politeness and respect inherent in constructive dialogue. While we may not agree with some of Matthew's suggestions, he was quite entitled to make them.

In any event, as to the substance: I do not think that the older absolute unit measures are particularly useful for the reasons that Ranran gives: the size of each unit is essentially arbitrary (with the possible exception of passengers), so comparison among or aggregation of them is more or less meaningless. Even with passengers, the number transported is not really meaningful, since the game does not track an individual passenger's identity: so a journey from A > B may be regarded as 1 passenger transported if the passenger makes a direct trip, or 10 passengers transported if the passenger has to change at 9 intermediate locations. Ranran's modification of these measures to a standardised tonne/km, passengers/km (etc.) measures was a definite improvement on the comprehensibility of the data and I do not think that it is likely to be sensible to revert to the previous measures.

As to other things that might be ranked, I can see the value of having return on capital at some point, and then ranking that, but, before we get to ranking it, we really do need to standardise this more clearly for individual players, as measuring this is complex. What we ideally want is return on capital (i.e., return on net aggregate investment) - but we currently do not have any sort of system of investment: players instead just start with a large sum of free money. I do aim to change this one day so that players have to obtain money at a cost in order to start (albeit I will probably also allow the option to start with free money, too), and can borrow more money later on, but this will need some significant additional work to get right. At this point, a return on capital measure (including ranking by this measure) will be very useful, but probably not before. Another question is whether return on current net assets is a useful measure - I am not entirely sure either way on that at this point and should be grateful for feedback on this question.

Other useful rankings would include, I should think, way kilometerage (the recent addition of a waytype filter for the ranking dialogue should address Matthew's concern about the relative unhelpfulness of runway kilometerage, although this is not an entirely useless measure as it does give some idea of the size of a player's airport network), number of stops, number of vehicles and/or convoys, net toll income, and, probably at some point in the future when the land value system has been reformed and the player can act as a landlord and the game keeps better track of player owned land, total land value of land owned by the player.

In any event, thank you for your work on this: it is most helpful. Once we can get the code to merge cleanly into ex-15, this should be ready for incorporation.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran

I admit that my writing style was bad. very sorry.

My point was not that we have different opinions. I think I gave you that misunderstanding because I mentioned transport units above.
Since he was particular about the old unit, I only answered about that. That wasn't good. Actually that has nothing to do with the content of the patch I mentioned above.

I'm telling him not to make connections between unrelated things without any basis. This is something I have repeatedly asked him to do. Each time, I have given useless explanations and pointless investigations. That's why I didn't want to give unnecessary explanations this time either.

I changed the unit of "transport volume" in the transport record between two points in another patch few years ago.
What I mentioned above is the number of goods that arrived at the destination, but this is corrupted data. Rather, at that time, it was converted into something worthless and meaningless, and it remained unused. But that happened 12 years ago and has nothing to do with my changes. They are irrelevant data. If you think that's the data you love, please do your research before saying so. Or on the basis that they are related. I don't want to be constantly swayed by baseless complaints. That's my point.
Don't tie them together. Don't flippantly make predictions about irrelevant things. Pointless arguments are repeated by linking unrelated things.
Do I have to give very long explanations to prove irrelevant things to be irrelevant? By his misunderstanding. Each time I have been forced to take a long detour.
The topic of transportation units was brought up here due to an unfounded misunderstanding. In other words, I don't think there is even the slightest need to talk about the usefulness of the old format again.

Many others have tested it thoroughly and provided helpful feedback, we can see in this thread that 209CATrus has been thoroughly tested. thanks again. I am very grateful to them for their efforts. I hope he takes the same steps. That's what I meant.

Quote from: jamespetts on May 19, 2024, 01:45:51 PMI did, however, get merge conflicts (in the code, not pakset) when attempting to merge this with the ex-15 branch, so I will need something that can merge cleanly into that branch before this can be incorporated, but this is otherwise ready, I think.
Please test the ex15-2402 branch.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you for that. The Ex-15 version now merges cleanly, so I have incorporated the changes to Ex-15 and incorporated this into the master.

Thank you for your work on this!

wlindley

This fulfills a long-desired need. Thanks to all !

Ranran

A crash could occur if a player was destroyed with the player rankings open.
PR#653 would fix that.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on May 22, 2024, 02:05:23 PMA crash could occur if a player was destroyed with the player rankings open.
PR#653 would fix that.
Thank you - now incorporated.

Ranran

Quote from: 209CATrus on May 11, 2024, 08:22:01 PMstrike the iron while it's hot.
Let's do it before time passes and I forget what I was planning or doing. That's more efficient. That word expresses it.

Quote from: Ranran on May 11, 2024, 08:59:33 AMWhat I came up with is total Travel distance (of convoy), Way kilometreage.
I added items based on real-world transportation companies, especially railway and airport companies.

Articles like this may be helpful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Units_of_measurement_in_transportation

(1) Convoy travelled distance
(2) Vehicle travelled distance
(3) Vehicles
(4) Station number
(5) Way kilometreage

These records will be newly added. Please stimulate your competitive spirit. (´・ω・`)戦争の時間よー
But if you restart the game from existing save data, the newly added data will not have data from the previous year or earlier.

vehicle*km is ambiguous. Sometimes hacks are made to add 0 length vehicles to have capacity for multiple types of goods.
But in addition to being used in the real world, it can also present interesting data to compare with other players. So I added it.

Convoy previously only counted the sum of all waytypes, but this changes for each waytype.

As the number of items increases, the genres will be organized and the buttons will be rearranged.

The new records will replace the meaningless and unused slots I have already reported.
As for how meaningless they are, they only count who carried the goods and in what waytype when they arrived at their final destination.
For example, 1000 mails are requested to be transported from A to C.
James company carried the mail 1000km from A to B by airplane.
Next, I transported it from B to C by truck for 1 km.
As a result, the record remains that James carried nothing, but I transported 1000 pieces of mail by the truck. So I was the only one who won. (´・ω・`)WTF...
It has been recorded all this time, but its existence has been hidden because it has never been shown anywhere.
Since the records have no usable value, they cannot be inherited and must be discarded. So reuse that slot.

Quote from: Ranran on May 11, 2024, 08:59:33 AMPublic player of cheating companie will not be displayed in the list. It will often destroy ranking charts because it has abnormal stats.
Only by counting the number of stations will cheat companies appear on stage.

The ranking will now be displayed by selecting a year. By default, 1 year ago will be selected.

With this patch the save revision will be incremented.

As posted here, there will also be additional changes to the passenger load factor.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,21348.msg207282/topicseen.html#msg207282

The following translated terms will be added.
Transportation results
Infrastructures

Please check pull request #657.
This patch has a lot more changes than meets the eye. The first implementation only displayed existing records as is. But in this update, there is a process to add or subtract records on new chart items. We must carefully check that they are consistent.

EDIT:
Last year's rankingThis translated term, which was only recently added, has now disappeared. However, it will be brought back in a future update.

jamespetts

Excellent, thank you for this. On testing, I notice one issue with the new year display: the left arrow increases the year, and the right arrow decreases it, whereas it should be the other way around. I should be grateful if you could look into this.

That aside, however, this does seem like a definite improvement - thank you for your work on this.

Ranran

Thank you for testing it.

Quote from: jamespetts on May 25, 2024, 10:43:34 PMOn testing, I notice one issue with the new year display: the left arrow increases the year, and the right arrow decreases it, whereas it should be the other way around. I should be grateful if you could look into this.
This looks abnormal because the numbers in the combo box are in reverse order, but it works correctly.

Generally, the year at the top is closest to the current year.
Therefore, I added an option to reverse the behavior of the left and right buttons in the combobox to make it more intuitive.
This allows the movement to match the highlight of the graph displayed on the left, making operation more intuitive.

Please check again.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, on testing, both left and right arrows now decrement the year, whereas the left arrow should decrement and the right arrow should increment it. I should be grateful if you could look into this. Thank you.

Ranran

Quote from: jamespetts on May 26, 2024, 09:48:05 AMThank you for that. Unfortunately, on testing, both left and right arrows now decrement the year, whereas the left arrow should decrement and the right arrow should increment it. I should be grateful if you could look into this. Thank you.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Some changes were missing from the commit. I have fixed it.
As an additional change, the pre-game year has been removed from the options.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on May 26, 2024, 10:45:02 AMSorry for the inconvenience. Some changes were missing from the commit. I have fixed it.
As an additional change, the pre-game year has been removed from the options.
Thank you for that - now merged into the master.

This is a splendid feature - testing it on the Bridgewater-Brunel server is very interesting.

Ranran

This patch will make minor adjustments to player rankings.
The player ranking UI has been incorporated into standard, so some code will be shared based on that.
However, please note that the base code and functions are significantly different, so the differences will only be narrowed slightly.

Changes:
- Chart lines are now easier to see in dark themes
- Value text is also highlighted if the selected player is not a financial option (because finances use the theme color settings for negative (red), zero (white), and positive (otherwise))
- Previously, the left_to_right_graphs setting was not supported, but it will now be supported.
- Tied rankings will be changed so that they are the same.
- Charts for years in which the selected player has not yet been born will no longer be displayed.
- The rankings of the selected player will not be displayed for years in which the selected player has not yet been born (if they are participating in a competition, they will be included in the list).
- Years before the start of the game will no longer be displayed in the chart.

Check out pull request #660. (´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on May 29, 2024, 02:25:52 PMThis patch will make minor adjustments to player rankings.
The player ranking UI has been incorporated into standard, so some code will be shared based on that.
However, please note that the base code and functions are significantly different, so the differences will only be narrowed slightly.

Changes:
- Chart lines are now easier to see in dark themes
- Value text is also highlighted if the selected player is not a financial option (because finances use the theme color settings for negative (red), zero (white), and positive (otherwise))
- Previously, the left_to_right_graphs setting was not supported, but it will now be supported.
- Tied rankings will be changed so that they are the same.
- Charts for years in which the selected player has not yet been born will no longer be displayed.
- The rankings of the selected player will not be displayed for years in which the selected player has not yet been born (if they are participating in a competition, they will be included in the list).
- Years before the start of the game will no longer be displayed in the chart.

Check out pull request #660. (´・ω・`)
Excellent, thank you!

Now incorporated.