News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Compilation problem of 3.13 and 3.14 on Linux

Started by Morg, May 31, 2009, 05:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morg

First, thanks for a great work! Simutrans-experimental is looking really interesting and has many good changes compared to the original.

I noticed that 3.13 and 3.14 will not compile on Linux, the same problem was encountered by the automatic binary building script:
http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/simutrans-exp/logs/20090531-0348.log

The solution is simple, in file: simhalt.h, replace line:
sint16 haltestelle_t::create_reachable_halt_list(const schedule_t *const sched, const spieler_t *const sched_owner, minivec_tpl<halthandle_t> &halt_list);
with:
sint16 create_reachable_halt_list(const schedule_t *const sched, const spieler_t *const sched_owner, minivec_tpl<halthandle_t> &halt_list);

knightly

Thanks for pointing out, Morg. I have indeed forgotten to remove haltestelle_t:: when I copy the function prototype from simhalt.cc .

James, can you fix that for me in simhalt.h? Many thanks in advance!

Morg

I noticed other minor issue with Linux binary, the music does not work because sdl is used as backend in the configuration file: http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/simutrans-exp/config.simutrans-exp
Replacing this with mixer_sdl solves the problem. Maybe someone could notify the maintainer of the binary build about this?

jamespetts

Morg,

thank you very much for the report; I have now fixed the problem, and the fixed version has been pushed to Github. The automatic Linux build should compile in the early hours of to-morrow morning. Sorry that you had trouble.

As to the music, Arbruch is the one in charge of the Linux builds. I know that some people, however, have reported performance or stability issues with the MIDI music on SDL (in Simutrans-Standard as well as Simutrans-Experimental), which might be why the music is disabled.

Thank you very much for your reports - and also: welcome to the forums :-) I should be very grateful for any further feedback on Simutrans-Experimental that you might be able to give.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.