News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[New vehicles] Multiple unit extravaganza

Started by jamespetts, July 25, 2010, 11:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

Quote from: jamespetts on December 28, 2010, 11:56:14 PM
Bringing the story of Southern electrics into the 21st century with a splash of colour, here are the outer suburban class 450s and express class 444s, introduced in 2002 and 2003 respectively. Based on the Seimens "Desiro" type, these units between them run most of the services out of London Waterloo, including the lines once served by the very original LSWR EMUs from 1913, depicted earlier in this thread.

Huzzah! These go by me every morning here in mortlake(near richmond,london). good to see them in simuworld!

H./

waerth

Thanks Jamespetts .... I hope all of this will be included soon :p

I am playing exp 9.0 with I believe .71 I was in shock when my emu's that drive on third rail went out of production in 1919. No replacements for them and only units which run on overhead catenary available.

For some reason the view obsolete button is not there so I cannot buy the out of production units :(

I had just build a new line for the emu's :(

Waerth

jamespetts

Ahh, well, the new LSWR units are available from 1913 onwards, so this will no longer be a problem. Incidentally, you might want to upgrade to Experimental 9.1, which was released yesterday.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

I noticed that thanks. Are ther nightly builds of the PAK EX Britain? So I can include these into my directory?

thx Waerth

jamespetts

There aren't nightly builds, I'm afraid; I don't think that anybody with the resources to do so has volunteered.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

waerth

Quote from: jamespetts on December 29, 2010, 04:22:00 PM
Here is an update for an EMU that I produced a while ago, a very early overhead DC unit from the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway. In the original version, the graphics were not aligned properly and were also the wrong way around. Updated .png and .dat files attached: no changes are needed to the translation texts.

Hi as I am desperate to get some new trains in myself I am experimenting with the makeobject thing. With the help of this application: http://minami-fukuoka.simutrans.net/english/pakhelper.html (pakhelper)

With this .dat file all data was entered twice .... do I need the bottom or top part?

Waerth

waerth

Hmpppffff something is definately not working. I have created the pak file but it is not appearing in the game

jamespetts

Are you using Standard or Experimental? If Experimental, I can send you my pak file.

waerth

Experimental ....

I am trying to figure out how this works though .... theoretically it should work .... grmmpppf

I have the .dat file and the png file in same directory. It creates a .pak file which I move to the appropriate .pak game directory. I start the game and it doesn't appear in the depot.

Here is the pak file attached!

If you want you can send me the pak files for experimental in this thread. My email is this username here and than gmail ..... com

Thanks,
Waerth

jamespetts

The best thing to do if you are trying to compile your own paksets is to go to Github and download the entire set of sources and make them all. See the Github repository here.

To compile the railway vehicle part of the pakset, unpack the latest version of Makeobj-Experimental into your /trains folder and type:

makeobj pak128 BritRail-Ex.pak

Then, move the resulting BritRail-Ex.pak to your /simutrans/Pak128.Britain-Ex subfolder, overwriting the existing file (so that you do not get duplication).

jamespetts

Heading back into the 1920s, here are some augmentation trailers for the LSWR and 3-Sub units from earlier in the thread. These can be bought new or, as in real life, upgraded from LB&SCR bogie suburban stock, featured in this thread.

They are intended to be sandwiched between two LSWR or 3-sub type EMUs to make an 8-car formation. They are essentially the same vehicles as the LSWR bogie suburban carriages, but repainted and with multiple working jumpers attached.

.png and .dat attached, translation texts below:

SR-augmentation-trailer(front)
SR EMU augmentation trailer
SR-augmentation-trailer(rear)
SR EMU augmentation trailer

jamespetts

Here is the restaurant/buffet version of the 4-Cor long(ish) distance EMU introduced by the Southern Railway for the Portsmouth electrification in 1937. The original graphics were drawn by Kieron, and the restaurant/buffet version has been in Experimental for a while without its own graphics, but attached are the modified graphics for the catering specific versions.

Translation texts:

SR-404[COR]Middle-Buf(Green)
SR 4-Cor EMU (buffet car)
SR-404[COR]Middle-Res(Green)
SR 4-Cor EMU (restaurant car)

Edit: I have updated the graphic for this, as I had originally had a picture of only one side of the vehicle, and therefore made both sides identical. I have now found a drawing of the other side of the vehicle, which is somewhat different, so I have updated the graphic to reflect that. The slightly clumsy .png and .dat files were the most economical way of doing this after the fact.

jamespetts

This one is the overhead AC version of the Class 375 Electrostar already included, the Class 357, used on the London, Tilbury and Southend line, in its latest National Express c2c livery. According to Wikipedia, this is the most numerous class of EMU produced in the UK since 1995 and is also amongst the most reliable. It falls into the outer suburban category, and is reasonably comfortable (in Experimental), but also has a good seating capacity.

.png and .dat files attached; translation texts below:

c2c-357(front)
BR Class 357 "Electrostar" EMU
c2c-357(centre1)
BR Class 357 "Electrostar" EMU (pantograph trailer)
c2c-357(centre2)
BR Class 357 "Electrostar" EMU (centre motor)
c2c-357(rear)
BR Class 357 "Electrostar" EMU (rear)

Edit: Fixed the centre carriages graphic, which had some guideline artefacts remaining.

The Hood

Excellent!  There appear to be some stray pink guidelines in the image though...

jamespetts

The Hood

Just downloading these for inclusion into standard and I noticed the LYR EMU has some black left inside the pantograph from the render.  Here's a fix:

jamespetts

Oops - forgot to tidy that up. Thank you for that!