News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[r12322] Extra characters appeared when automatically creating the name

Started by Mishasama, Yesterday at 07:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mishasama


This issue did not exist before the text box edit menu was implemented.

I didn't conduct extensive testing; I only noticed an extra character in the name of the lumber wagon in PAK64 that wasn't in my phone's system. Previous versions didn't have this character, and judging from the name, it seems to be a redundant character rather than something that should be present but is missing from the font.

Another question: is there a problem with the forum's file upload function? I've been unable to upload files since reporting the bug in August, and I've had to rely on external image hosting services to provide screenshots.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。

victor_18993

I'll take a look and let you know as soon as I have it debugged,




cheers.
En la vida todo son vivencias y cada una de ellas nos hace mas grandes,¿Como de grande eres tu? :)

victor_18993

Thanks for the report. I found the cause and the fix is now in trunk as r12325.

The saved Japanese name itself was correct; the problem was an old text-input cursor bug that could leave the cursor inside a UTF-8 character after the text changed. It was introduced back in r11879, so it was not caused by the newer edit menu.

Your screenshot was very useful for tracking it down. Thanks!
En la vida todo son vivencias y cada una de ellas nos hace mas grandes,¿Como de grande eres tu? :)