News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Hide Windows with right mouse button in titlebar

Started by prissi, June 11, 2009, 09:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Added since a while, is actually someone using this feature? As it is not even mentioned in the current ingame help, I get the impression nearly everyone forgot about it.

z9999

Of course, I'm always using this.
My display is small but I don't want to close window.
Many window doesn't remember last used status. For example, every time I open finance window I must click "Months" tab again, every time I open Line window I must click Profit button again to see chart, etc..

Before this future feature, I always move window below to hide it and move back again to see it. It was very annoying for me.
Do you want to remove this future feature ?

jamespetts

Ahh, I didn't even know that it was a feature. The trouble with features that one can only find out about by accident or by reading documentation (especially when that documentation is not updated) is that people ever hardly know that those features exist. Perhaps either instead of or as well as right clicking on the title bar, the feature could be activated by a button at the right-hand side of the title bar?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I use it constantly when I play - it's very very handy. I can keep up, for example, the Display window, which is usually only accessible after two clicks - but something I use every once in a while (to show or hide station coverage) -- so with this feature, I can have the window handy at all times, but out of the way when I don't need it.

It's a very very handy feature. :)

Severous

Hi

I found it by accident but havnt been using it.  I cant remember why..maybe I didnt stop to think how useful it could be. 

I often use the backspace button to 'close all' windows..maybe thats the reason or I couldnt get it to open fully again.
Regards
Sev.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I should give a bit more information :)

I keep the map window, truck depot, display window open always, but typically of those I only use one at a time, so I make a stack near the top left - and only have one open at a time...

When I want to set up a series of lines serving a factory chain (now that we have to fulfill the entire chain or production stops), I open up all the factory windows so I can quickly move between them (clicking on the picture)...

Those are the two ways I use this feature the most... but I also sometimes keep other windows open this way -- when I *do* care about finances, it stays open even though it's just a keypress away :)

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

z9999

In old window system of simutrans, we lost active tool when its tool window was deactivated.
And we needed many clicks to activate last used tool again.
That is one of the reason that this tool isn't triggering by left click.

wipi35

Never discovered this option  :-[  But I like it.
Are there some more hidden treasures?