News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[bug 3,14] - Intercity roadlength

Started by LeifInge, June 12, 2009, 02:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeifInge

Seems to be a bug on the intercity roads in 3,14. I either get all cities connected, if I dont set the value to 0.

jamespetts

LeifInge,

thank you for the bug report :-) 3.14 is no longer the latest version, as it has been superseded by 4.0. Can you test to see whether you can reproduce this with 4.0? If you can, I will look into it. Thank you very much for testing and reporting: it is much appreciated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

LeifInge

Hi, just tested with the new version and got the same bug, I'm using pak 128. Even tried to install all fresh to see if the bug disapered. but got the same result:

LeifInge

bad picture... but the white stripes are roadbridges...

jamespetts

Hmm, that's interesting. Do you get a different result in the latest Simutrans-Standard nightlies?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

LeifInge

Haven't tried the nightlies... but do not get it on the stable standard

jamespetts

Ahh, I ask about the nightlies because there has been a major change to the way in which roads are constructed in the nightly builds recently, so comparing with the stable version does not assist...

LeifInge

jamespetts

Dwachs

Try to change the intercity road length to something like 0.1 .. 0.5 * map-size. The lower the value is the less roads will be built (only roads shorter than this value). The larger this value the more roads will be built (until everything is connected). Increasing this value also increases the chance of long bridges though.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.