News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Problem with config files and pak64

Started by Morg, June 06, 2009, 07:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morg

When using simuconf.tab from Simutrans-experimental config files package ( http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Simutrans-experimental-config.zip ) with pak64, I encountered frequent crashes when starting the game. It seems that simuconf.tab is based on pak128 based, and when I removed some pak128 stuff (like river settings and depot costs) from simuconf.tab the problem was solved.

It would be great to have a config file for Simutrans-experimental that contains only settings introduced in  experimental. Paks already have they own config files, therefore it is not necessary to include pak related settings to the main config file.

jamespetts

Morg,

thank you for the suggestion. Sorry for the delay in replying - it's been a very busy week. That is indeed the intention in due course - when I have time to sort out all the files! I'll post on the forum when I make the change. Thank you again for your feedback :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

This issue has now been addressed in the latest set of configuration files, released with Simutrans-Experimental version 4.1. The latest simuconf.tab file is the generic simuconf.tab file that goes into the /simutrans/config directory, and not into the /simutrans/PAKSET/config directory, so it should be much easier to use the configuration file with multiple paksets and to over-ride individual settings in particular paksets.

See here for more information on how to obtain Simutrans-Experimental and the latest configuration files.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.