News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

pak192.comic Screenshots

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', June 14, 2009, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Quote from: CARLOTE12 on March 04, 2016, 01:56:14 AM
ALEX PLEASE POST THE LINK WITH THE ADDONS PAK WITH YOU MAKE, I WHAT DOWNLOAD THE ARQUIVE PAK OF THIS SMALL SCHOOL WITH YOU CREATED IN ADDON, PLEASE ALEX POST THE LINK OF ARQUIVE

Do you want your posts to be unreadable? THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE YOUR POSTS UNREADABLE. ;)

CARLOTE12

eu não estou gritando com ninguém LENTIN só porque euusei o CAPTCHA,, o fato é que eu estou deseperado porque nunca consiguí criar um addon, pois sempre que usou o makeobj ou o pakhelper a maldita compilação resulta em um inutil arquivo pak de menos de 1kb, ou não aparece pak nenhum, na verdade eu estou preciasando de um video tutotial para eu poder criar addons pois parece que tem umapraga no meu pc que não está dando certo eucriar um addons sequer, por isso qualquer ajuda eu ficaria grato

English translation (by IgorEliezer)
I'm not shouting at anyone LEARTIN just because I used CAPSLOCK. The matter is that I'm desperate because I've never managed to create an addon, whenever I used the makeobj or pakhelper the darned compilation results in a useless file pak less than 1kb, or will not output any pak file. In fact I'm in need of a video tutorial so I can create addons for it seems there is a curse on my PC that won't let me create addons at all. I would be grateful for so any help.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: CARLOTE12 on March 07, 2016, 01:56:36 AM
eu não estou gritando com ninguém LENTIN só porque euusei o CAPTCHA,, o fato é que eu estou deseperado porque nunca consiguí criar um addon, pois sempre que usou o makeobj ou o pakhelper a maldita compilação resulta em um inutil arquivo pak de menos de 1kb, ou não aparece pak nenhum, na verdade eu estou preciasando de um video tutotial para eu poder criar addons pois parece que tem umapraga no meu pc que não está dando certo eucriar um addons sequer, por isso qualquer ajuda eu ficaria grato
PT:
Ei, enganos acontecem. Outra coisa, não precisa ficar desesperado.

Preciso lhe informar que um fórum não é como um chat ou facebook. Aqui cada assunto fica um tópico e temos uma seção certa para cada tipo assunto, além de ter que observar as regras da comunidade. Isso dá uma boa introduzida: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5144.0

O fórum em que você postou requer Inglês, e você está pedindo ajuda num tópic sobre o pak192.Comic. Caso você queira, e eu recomendo, nós temos um fórum em Português aqui: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php#c5, com uma seção de ajuda aqui: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=55.0. Primeiro pesquise se já não tem um tópico ou um tutorial com a sua resposta. Caso não ache, então poste um tópico, sem pressa.

EN:
Hey, mistakes happen. Also, no need to get desperate.

I need to instruct you that a forum is not like a chat or facebook. Here each issue gets its own topic and we have a board for each subject, besides you need to follow the community rules. This is a good start: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5144.0 (in Portuguese)

The board you have posted in requires English, and you are asking support in a topic about pak192.Comic. In case you desire, and I recommend, we have a Portuguese board here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php#c5, with a Help Request child board here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=55.0. Please, search before you post to see if a topic or tutorial with the answer already exists. If you do not happen to find one, then post a topic, but no hurry.

Leartin

Don't worry, we are still alive and active.
Image shows PTMs rowhouse/terraced house updated to fit the more recent template, so all rowhouses fit together. It also got a new roof pattern and a 'tiny bit' of flora.

vzrenggamani

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

Leartin

Just a random image,  nothing to see here...
(Except for a little church that totally didn't take like 24h to create...)

Michael 'Cruzer'

Awesome! Haha, nearly missed it because I had to scroll to the left before seeing it. Thank you very much for that great work. The 24h were totally worth it!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Leartin

Vladki, no foreign languages outside the proper language forums!  :police:

Thanks that you like it. The more support I get, the more motivation I have to sacrifice time for this :)

Vladki

Sorry for breaking the rules. I was really speechles when I saw what you made. And thought that using russian would fit the style of your creation.

Translation: well done young man

fam621

WOW, WHAT A SCREENSHOT! Well anyways, I'm running my own screenshots challenge on the Stories, Screenshots, Videos and Saves page called: Bridges over bridges. Take a pep of you want guys? Not gonna harm ya at all!

Leartin

This weekend I mostly worked on a few desert buildings. They are nice and simple, since you don't need to worry about seasons or snow ;)

fam621

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BRILLANT ONE! 10/10!  xDDDD

Combuijs

QuoteThey are nice and simple, since you don't need to worry about seasons or snow

Ah yes, but how do you keep the roads free of dust?  8)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Leartin

Quote from: Combuijs on March 12, 2017, 08:05:38 PM
Ah yes, but how do you keep the roads free of dust?  8)

Sadly, they keep themselves free of dust by being the same as in all other climates. I can affect it a little bit if I include the ground in the building, you can see at the very top right that the sidewalk is a bit under sand. I think I'll create a wayobj that changes the look of the citystreet to something more fitting, but it would need to be placed manually. Maybe it would be possible to restrict ways to climates to affect which cityroad could be used where... it's definitelly something to look into, but for now I concentrate on offering a handful of buildings, so the desert can be populated at all.

Qayyum

Peace be upon you, Leartin.

I had to be an art critic for a while. Do you mind?

--- Start art critic session.

Your latest screenshots are as usual, top-notch as of others that you posted before, especially that Russian cathedral.

However, I urge you to not 'show off your artistic skills' because that is the very definition of pretense, that you have, say, 80% of you do it because you wanted to contribute something which is lacking, and 20% of you do it simply to prove that you can. I urge you correct your intention so that 100% of you want to contribute something what you feel is lacking. That Russian cathedral mentioned above is one example of yours that displays these pretensions.

I sometimes exhibit these pretensions in some of my work too, so it is a widespread problem. This problem stems far back to the ancient times, where there are people like this who want to show off that they have moolah by constructing buildings and structures or systems that nobody, even the person who initiated it themselves had no idea what to use it for.

Also, proving that you can do it, to myself, is wasteful in definition, since

a) we know that we can do it too if we liked, but we do not because there are consequences to each and everything we can do and

b) that which portion of the aspects that you obtain that you use to prove that 'you can' end up being unused and left out, which is to me, unfair use of you energy, your soul and your time. You deserve to yourself full, beneficial use of your resources.

Nobody in here hoped that you produce something expensive and shocking like this. We can get by (and refer to) if you just produce something sober, solid and honest that you can maintain in yourself throughout the project.

--- End art critic session.

My only gripe in the latest screenshot is that I am disgusted at the existence of a cat statue beside the temple, and would like to 'bury it under the ground', so to say.

My reasoning is that 'why do you have to shape the stone into a cat? If you want to have a cat, find a cat!'

You should keep to the buildings and scenery, with some abstract sculptures (if ever you decide that it is worthwhile) so that it is palatable for everyone to play, regardless of beliefs.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Leartin

My dear Qayyum,

please keep in mind that I do not post a screenshot of everything I create, I just do it when I want to show off and get people to tell me how great I am (  ;D ) because that is a motivational boost. Plus, by doing so I keep folks informed that I'm still active.

Sometimes I also pixel something just to show off. Yes, the russian cathedral is, strictly speaking, a waste of time. But that was made at a time where I didn't pixel for a while and even published all my unfinished work since I was not sure I would continue at all, kind of a magnus opum. And it got me back into doing stuff regularly again, so it was definitelly worth it.
These desert buildings, on the other hand, are not wasteful at all. It's not to prove that I can do them, I don't think I have to. I did them because they were lacking, and I needed some  fun distraction from the usual european stuff. I created 12 buildings within the weekend, and if I had to do another 12, it would be easier now that the style is already set and I simply have to combine the elements in different ways.This is a different and more efficient approach than what was done earlier in pak development, where pretty much each building was it's own seperate entity. I try to manage and reuse as much as possible, because the whole creation process speeds up.

Finally, I don't get paid. I'm pretty sure my art would be good enough to be sold, but I prefer to pixel for free, just so I can experiment and do what's fun, and more importantly, not do what I don't like to do. I did, and I always will do, some crazy projects that are not required, just because I wanted to do them. I tell you, I'm more productive if I get to show off from time to time, otherwise the mundane tasks might get too boring and I'd need a few months of break again.

Finally, about the cats... I updated the pyramid way back, and gave it an entrance. Part of it were cat statues, which I think make a lot of sense in ancient egypt. I then just reused them in smaller buildings (rather than creating something new from scratch - efficiency). I honestly can't see anything wrong with them, given that cats are usually not a religious symbol, and even if some religions would forbid them, it could still be a temple of another religion, eg. a temple for the god of internet videos. If that is not palateble for your believes, I'm sorry. But I won't change it - for one, because I don't want someones believes to dictate what I can and cannot do, but mostly because it's a freaking cat. If that's going to be a problem, I don't know what else will. Eg. I recently created a slaughterhouse, pretty sure that's not okay with hindus, guess the whole chain needs to go, right?

Ves

And let's not forget the great inspiration that such pictures serves for others, at least for me! Keep them coming, leartin! :-)

Yona-TYT

Only a few camels are missing to combine with the landscape.  8)

Excellent work !.  ;)

An_dz

Quote from: Leartin on March 12, 2017, 07:30:53 PM
since you don't need to worry about seasons or snow ;)
Are you sure? :P :P
http://imgur.com/gallery/JK3Es

Quote from: Leartin on March 13, 2017, 06:09:19 AM
given that cats are usually not a religious symbol
They were in ancient times though, as they hunted pests like rats, they even were exported to the rest of the world because of that. That one you drawn is Bastet. Diana, goddess of the Moon and hunt, could transform in a cat. Celtic mythology and much of other "pagan" religions of middle age also had cat goddesses. Witches are seen with cats because of that, they were Celtic priestesses. Cats became the figure of evil when the Catholic Church could no longer tolerate other beliefs to unify Europe in a single religion.

Quote from: Leartin on March 13, 2017, 06:09:19 AM
I won't change it - for one, because I don't want someones believes to dictate what I can and cannot do, but mostly because it's a freaking cat. If that's going to be a problem, I don't know what else will.
I agree. (And it's "beliefs" not "believes" ;) )

Leartin

Quote from: An_dz on March 13, 2017, 04:44:13 PM
Are you sure? :P :P
Very sure. I wrote the guide that says so ;D

Quote from: An_dz on March 13, 2017, 04:44:13 PMThey were in ancient times though, as they hunted pests like rats, they even were exported to the rest of the world because of that. That one you drawn is Bastet. Diana, goddess of the Moon and hunt, could transform in a cat. Celtic mythology and much of other "pagan" religions of middle age also had cat goddesses. Witches are seen with cats because of that, they were Celtic priestesses. Cats became the figure of evil when the Catholic Church could no longer tolerate other beliefs to unify Europe in a single religion.
Thanks for the history lesson, but I'd differentiate between "being a religious symbol" and "being related/used in religion".
Let's change it from cat to lion. Is a lion a religious symbol? I would say no, but it's certainly used in many religions. For example, the egyptians had Maahes, hindus have Narasimha, and even Christians have Mark the Evangelist. Even so, if you see a statue of a lion anywhere, say, at the main station in Linz, or on that bridge in Budapest, or at the forbidden City in China - you don't think of a religious context.
Let's get ridiculous, shall we? The symbol of Romuva religion is a tree. A world-tree, like Yggdrasil. Why did Quayyum place that symbol in front of one of his buildings? oô

Vladki

Everyone, please do not start religious wars here. I had enough when Leartin (or someine else?) have drawn the very nice wayside shrine, crucifix and ancient druid stones. And we almost had another 30 years war of protestants against catholic.

I personally do not mind any religious objects, especially if they have an artistic value by themselves. Keep up the good work Leartin.

For those who are offended by religious symbols of other religions (dead or alive), you have the freedom to delete the offending pak file, so that it does not appear in your game. And what would be even better, you could be encouraged to paint your own religious symbol. A mosque with minaret would be equally nice addition to the desert landscape.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

An_dz

Quote from: Leartin on March 13, 2017, 06:14:54 PM
Thanks for the history lesson
More like a quick ramble of the last 5000 years. :D

Emil Sawicki

@Leartin, do you play Pharaoh sometimes? Many years ago I wondered about having transport in my cities (screenshot from internets).
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

Leartin

Quote from: Emil Sawicki on March 30, 2017, 04:49:30 PM
@Leartin, do you play Pharaoh sometimes? Many years ago I wondered about having transport in my cities (screenshot from internets).

As a kid, I played some Caesar, but even back then it was not my cup of tea. I was more into Settlers and Anno.
I have Pharao and Cleopatra (and a bunch of other games of that type) on Steam, but I don't really take the time to play them - I know they are great, I watched some videos while pixelling, but I just don't feel much nostalgia for them.

Qayyum

Peace be upon you Leartin (and to anyone else after my last recent post),

I am sorry if I offended you from my recent post. I think maybe I should have worded even better. There are some matters that is unexplained here, and I fear that what is unexplained will go too far, so I have to give it a shot. I am sorry if my shot was way off the mark.

---

(A reply to An_dz)

Thanks for the history lesson, but I'd differentiate between "being a religious symbol" and "being related/used in religion".
Let's change it from cat to lion. Is a lion a religious symbol? I would say no, but it's certainly used in many religions. For example, the egyptians had Maahes, hindus have Narasimha, and even Christians have Mark the Evangelist. Even so, if you see a statue of a lion anywhere, say, at the main station in Linz, or on that bridge in Budapest, or at the forbidden City in China - you don't think of a religious context.
Let's get ridiculous, shall we? The symbol of Romuva religion is a tree. A world-tree, like Yggdrasil. Why did Quayyum place that symbol in front of one of his buildings? oô

---

Leartin, this is why I am wary of religious symbols. Even my own religion strongly discourages symbols, although you see them people themselves impart symbols to religion, which I am very upset with and 'wish to bury it to the ground' so to say. I did not wish to use even them, myself, to 'show off' my own religion. If I wanted to know what is the matter with my or others' religion, I will go for books and people who are involved in it. In the end, these symbols serves to divide people. To me, religion, in the end, is for yourself, not to show off to others. I think others have said it before, so it is short and sweet.

The tree in front of my desert skyscraper building is not trying to be a Romuva religion symbol. It is only and just a wooden flora.

---

(Vladki)

Everyone, please do not start religious wars here. I had enough when Leartin (or someine else?) have drawn the very nice wayside shrine, crucifix and ancient druid stones. And we almost had another 30 years war of protestants against catholic.

---

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. My fault.

---

(Vladki)
For those who are offended by religious symbols of other religions (dead or alive), you have the freedom to delete the offending pak file, so that it does not appear in your game. And what would be even better, you could be encouraged to paint your own religious symbol. A mosque with minaret would be equally nice addition to the desert landscape.

---

Hey, I did not think of that before. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks, but I would define a mosque differently. Any building could be a mosque, for instance. It is not so particular about architecture, given that you know which bearing is to Mecca, and given that the building is really clean inside that you can walk on the floor with your bare feet and you will see nothing offensive or riveting.

---

I fear that I have diverted too much from the original topic. I am sorry, again, and hope you are still here to post screenshots of pak.192 comic here, Leartin.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Leartin

Quote from: Qayyum on March 31, 2017, 04:00:36 AM
I am sorry if I offended you from my recent post.

I'm not offended, I'm surprised.

Quote from: Qayyum on March 31, 2017, 04:00:36 AMThe tree in front of my desert skyscraper building is not trying to be a Romuva religion symbol. It is only and just a wooden flora.
So why can't a stone cat just be a stone cat, and only that?

Quote from: Qayyum on March 31, 2017, 04:00:36 AMThanks, but I would define a mosque differently. Any empty warehouse or shelter could be a mosque, for instance. It is not so particular about architecture, given that you know which bearing is to Mecca.
That's the same for any place of prayer, and yet for a game, you'd probably want a mosque that fits what people expect a mosque to be, not what it really is.

Quote from: Qayyum on March 31, 2017, 04:00:36 AMI am sorry, again, and hope you are still here to post screenshots of pak.192 comic here, Leartin.
Sure, once there is something I want to show. Currently working on tropical buildings, using indonesian references, and I need some time to wrap my head around these strange roofs.

Asdfe

Nice to see that progress continues on my favourite pakset! I like the Russian church and desert buildings. While I understand why some have issue with certain buildings, I personally don't mind. I won't go to deep into it, but while I would personally not worship at some (or most) of the religious structures in the game due to theological objections (which I repeat that I will not go into), I don't feel offended or otherwise discriminated against by their inclusion in game. Anyway, good work!
How do you know what you would know if only you knew what you don't know now?

Leartin

So... the current outlines of pak192.comic clash a bit with the new transparency feature. So I was experimenting a bit with not using them and instead making heavy use of transparency.
It's astonishing - almost looks as if it was a completely different game!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

greenlamp35

Well, it's obviously Simutrans  8)

JHSDF

How beautiful! It will be more beautiful graphics after 120.2.2, isn't it?
My website has some addon for pak128.japan
http://kyuujitujieitai.wixsite.com/simuexpo

twitter https://twitter.com/kyuujitujieitai