News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Snow textures

Started by jamespetts, June 20, 2009, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I notice that the city roads have snow textures, but that none of the other roads have them, nor do any of the buildings. Are there any plans for snow textures for anything else...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Yes, but not very high up my prioirity list.  If someone else wants to have a go at adding a snow layer in GIMP (or in blender) then they are very welcome!  And let me know if anyone finds a quick and easy technique!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: The Hood on June 21, 2009, 02:02:42 PMAnd let me know if anyone finds a quick and easy technique!

1. Print a copy of the source graphics
2. Tape to a flat pan
3. Put outside when it snows
4. Scan the result

Voila!

The Hood

For quicker results, send to Antarctica at this time of year... :p

VS

Alternatively, if snow is rare in your country, you can substitute it with whipped cream in spray.

Perhaps easiest is adding some [transparent] white on textures. As a modeller (?) you can do it far easier than anyone else. At least for roofs.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!